TVRenamer - Rename your files (1 Viewer)

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006
I think natbur died, no updates in forever. I would like some kind of feedback on waht the program is doing. Oh well, there are some more good programs out there.

Mavoc

Portal Pro
October 8, 2007
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
the program still works as long as you disable the auto update.

as for you feedback, i'm unsure of your question, could you clarify it

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
I know what you're talking about

Does anyone have a problem where the renamer crashes within seconds of starting.
I find this to happen on all of the PC's I have. I have yet to find a common theme. There are no logs to up load, it just crashes and asks if I want to send microsoft the information....not.

I have used this app for ages and I know exactly what you are talking about. I narrowed it down to the fact that the app is expecting an immediate response from the net, and if it doesn't get it the app just craps out.

So the options to avoid this happening are - stop all downloads etc before launching the app so it has great connectivity, or turn off the "check version on start" and turn off the "automatic scan" then wait for the Internet and THETVDB lights to go green before running a manual scan.

Still the app is kind of flakey - changes some files and not others, then scan again and it changes the files it missed before.

havix

Portal Member
July 28, 2006
This app was so close to being perfect. Just a little too unstable and needed some smart directory file moving. I figured that would come with how quickly it was developing, but now who knows.

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
This app was so close to being perfect. Just a little too unstable and needed some smart directory file moving. I figured that would come with how quickly it was developing, but now who knows.

OK, I'll give up a little secret, but don't tell anyone.

Try this one - tvrename - Is basically a database and has some really cool extra features (read about torrent renaming). Only problem is he uses TV.com for his source. I have put him on to TheTVDB and he is busy updating the code for that source.

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006
Lurch (dev of Keasby) is really helpful in answering questions and fixing bugs too, plus since he is hosted on Google code you can easily open issues and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom