TVRenamer - Rename your files (1 Viewer)

havix

Portal Member
July 28, 2006
This app was so close to being perfect. Just a little too unstable and needed some smart directory file moving. I figured that would come with how quickly it was developing, but now who knows.

OK, I'll give up a little secret, but don't tell anyone.

Try this one - tvrename - Is basically a database and has some really cool extra features (read about torrent renaming). Only problem is he uses TV.com for his source. I have put him on to TheTVDB and he is busy updating the code for that source.

Holy crap! How could I miss this app, it seems pretty awesome!

trillex

Portal Member
July 1, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
So. What is the best to use? Natbur's seems awesome but it can never accessed thetvdb.com - which would probably break the renaming. tvrename doesn't make use of thetvdb so I'm afraid it will conflict with everything.

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
So. What is the best to use? Natbur's seems awesome but it can never accessed thetvdb.com - which would probably break the renaming. tvrename doesn't make use of thetvdb so I'm afraid it will conflict with everything.

In most cases tv.com & thetvdb match up. Natbur does work ok (just used it).
Keep in mind that tvrename displays what it wants to do, but you don't have to rename & Natbur has an undo option, so you can always revert if it is wrong.

I use both - till tvrename is using thetvdb.

trillex

Portal Member
July 1, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

In most cases tv.com & thetvdb match up. Natbur does work ok (just used it).
Keep in mind that tvrename displays what it wants to do, but you don't have to rename & Natbur has an undo option, so you can always revert if it is wrong.

I use both - till tvrename is using thetvdb.

It keeps saying it can't connect to thetvdb. Tried it over several days.

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006

I would suggest everyone to use Keasby. The author is really good about fixing bugs and everything, I linked to the project earlier. He includes a GUI and the database uses TheTVDB - I just used it yesterday and it worked perfectly. If you have issues please post them on the Google code page so he can fix the program.

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country

Has it ever worked for you?

My use has been to start it up and wait for the "Internet" and "theTVDB" lights at the bottom left of the screen to go green before I try anything. I only use manual scan, so I drop files into a folder, run it manual against that folder, then copy them manually to their appropriate storage location.

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I would suggest everyone to use Keasby. The author is really good about fixing bugs and everything, I linked to the project earlier. He includes a GUI and the database uses TheTVDB - I just used it yesterday and it worked perfectly. If you have issues please post them on the Google code page so he can fix the program.

Is this command line only? Not my idea of fun when I need a programing degree to run it:confused:

odin318

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2006

Is this command line only? Not my idea of fun when I need a programing degree to run it:confused:

Nope he recently included a GUI. You need to install Python and wxPython and you are good to go. He is working on the documentation, you can get a hold of me at my AIM: biach805 if you have issues.

trillex

Portal Member
    July 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Has it ever worked for you?

My use has been to start it up and wait for the "Internet" and "theTVDB" lights at the bottom left of the screen to go green before I try anything. I only use manual scan, so I drop files into a folder, run it manual against that folder, then copy them manually to their appropriate storage location.

Nope, never worked. Does it another port than 80-81? The internet stays yellow, then it pops up with saying "Cannot connect to thetvdb.com. Episode titles are unavailable" then they both go red.

ScoopD

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Nope, never worked. Does it another port than 80-81? The internet stays yellow, then it pops up with saying "Cannot connect to thetvdb.com. Episode titles are unavailable" then they both go red.

Well there's your problem. Not theTVDB, but connectivity to the internet. Are you behind a proxy?
    I don't think there is any documented port requirement, but if you have to authenticate to connect to the internet (eg. you're trying to run this at work?) there is potentially a problem that only Natbur will be able to help you with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom