TWINHAN Magicbox II BDA1.0.4.7 support (1 Viewer)

conrad

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
I have upgraded the Twinhan BDA driver to 1.0.4.7

Has anybody used this driver version? Did you get it to work with Mediaportal? I get the error of no map for this device.

Thanks
Conrad

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Have you checked the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and graphedit to see if the information matches up? Sometimes names of filters/etc can change between driver versions (which is very irritating) and the above xml file must be edited to take account of this.

Follow the guide here to edit the entry for your card, if this is in fact the problem.

Edit: On the same page, this says that you need the latest drivers to work, yet doesn't say what version these would be.

conrad

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
Thanks. I did have this working a few months ago with a an older BDA driver version but it had a few bugs for HDTV.

I think I am getting there. The new driver does have different filter names and moniker. I have modified my CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file and the card is now reconised and can autoscan finding all TV stations.

Problem now is in TV, there is no picture or sound. Anybody have any ideas what may cause this. I have tried a few codecs including Cyberlink.

Thanks,
Conrad

conrad

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
Area: Medio Portal TV
MP Version: 0.13
Skin: the skin you use
Windows Version: Windows XP Home Edition, SP2
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 760, 1.6Ghz
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard Chipset: Dell Inspiron 9300
Video Card: Radeon
Video Card Driver:
Video Card Resolution: WXGA
Video Render Type: VMR9/Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink
Audio Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink
TV Card: TWINHAN MagicBox II
TV Card Type:
TV Card Driver: TWINHAN BDA 1.0.4.7
Optional Log:
Optional References:

Synopsis: Previously using an older version of the BDA driver, the Media Portal TV functionality worked but had some issues with HDTV. After a few months TWINHAN have released the latest BDA driver with some fixes. 1st proble was the new driver wasn't reconised by Media Portal due to different filter name changes and moniker. Using the guide and GraphEdit, the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file has been modified and Media Portal can now detect and autotune the card, finding all stations.

Problem now is there is no picture or sound in Media Portal TV, testing with the TWINHAN supplied software the TV tuner is receiving suficient signal to watch TV. Please help, at least let me know eher to start looking (Media Portal beginner)

Thanks in advance

Russ

Portal Member
December 29, 2005
I have a similar problem with my Twinhan DTV Ter (D+A) card and MP. I can tune into channels ok and quite often watch TV ok but I quite often get an error saying no signal and the picture freezes, yet it will show signal quality at 100%. Sometimes when this happens if I change channel then go back to the channel I was watching it will be ok. If I close MP down and then try PowerCinema or ShowShifter it works fine, even when watching the same channel as I was watching in MP, this must be a bug in MP somewhere. I have the latest BDA drivers installed for my card.

conrad

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
Ok, I have it working.
1. I reinstalled MP 0.1.3,
2. uninstalled the TWINHAN TV viewer software,
3. and modified the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file as before.
4. MediaPortal setup identified the card and autotune worked.

In MediaPortal I can now watch TV :D Maybe a conflict with TWINHAN's software and MediaPortal.

Cheers
Conrad

conrad

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
Here is the new entry in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml. This is for TWINHAN MagicBox II, VP-7046, BDA Driver 1.0.4.7

<capturecard commercialname="MagicBox II" capturename="DTV-DVB USB2 DVB-T receiver" devid="vid_13d3&amp;pid_3205">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="tunerdevice" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="DTV-DVB USB2 DVB-T receiver" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So the same as it's been for sometime.

Ok so I don't need to change anything - thanks anyway.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread