Uk tv epg (1 Viewer)

fritzelly

Portal Member
January 17, 2011
Is there any in built EPG support for Freesat?
Would love to move to MP2 but not without some kind of 7 day EPG
Currently use EPG Center to pull the listings and then MP XML plugin to populate the DB.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Currently use EPG Center to pull the listings and then MP XML plugin to populate the DB.
    This plugin (XMLTV import plugin) is available in MP2 too and it is working exactly as in MP1. So you can use your EPG as before without the need to change anything at all...

fritzelly

Portal Member
    January 17, 2011
    Thanks Lehmden
    I'm actually looking at schedules direct right now to see if it serves my needs, as I understand it it uses a json file - is that in any way compatible in MP2 as well or would it need to be converted to XML prior to the import?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    XMLTV is a standardized format for storing EPG data. It is compatible with nearly every TV solution for Computer out there. But as the name suggests it is an XML file, no json. For json you need a proprietary SD plugin or convert it into XMLTV format. I don't know if there is a SD (- json) plugin for MP. But I know there is a tool to convert SD- json to XMLTV, it's called mc2xml.
    With SD and mc2xml you should be able to grab a nice EPG for UK usable with every TV solution no matter if it is MP1, MP2, NextPVR,... or even TVHeadend without the need to use DVB- EPG or WebGrab+Plus...
    If you even want more you can add season and episodes numbers based on TVDB to this XML file with EPG-Buddy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    Understood.
    Understood.
    In the UK an American show, NCIS, has several series being broadcast on the same day. As a consequence, when I choose to record the...
    Replies
    Views
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
    I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Trailer plugin DE
    Maybe the wording “plugin” is misleading, because almost every feature in MP2 is basically a plugin. This allows to even exchange core elements easily. Short: Of course it can be also a feature as part of the installer, means integrated for the user.
    Maybe the wording “plugin” is misleading, because almost every feature in MP2 is basically a plugin. This allows to even exchange...
    The question, if MP2 can support trailers came up several times (e.g. here) and was so far always neglected mainly because of the...
    Replies
    Views
    So most probably it was your ip blacklisted and cleared again. Some websites are blocking for hours and some are for days. Ok then, enjoy :)
    So most probably it was your ip blacklisted and cleared again. Some websites are blocking for hours and some are for days. Ok then...
    Hi everyone. My name is Kivanc and I am the developer of Tempest EPG Generator which is a single php file xmltv formatted epg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom