Unable to play "filename.." video codec: xvid (1 Viewer)

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also had this issue and in my case it was the VOBsub filter that was interfering whith the Xvid causing exactly this error message.
    More precisely: I had to check "Load when needed" in VOBsub config, and everything was working fine again....

cheers

joystick

Rotten

April 24, 2009
    Me too have this problem, and it's not related to VOBsub, because I uninstalled it for testing, and I get the error after I exited my external player or it has finished playing a video. I use The KMPlayer.

I tried reinstalling MP, and for a little while the error was gone, but now it has returned. Must be some conflict of codecs perhaps?

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also see this error since installing 1.0.1. I use an external player (Windvd) to play .iso files so when I see the error it always says it can't play video_ts.ifo. Just to test it, I unchecked the option to use external player in the DVD and Video configuration and the same movie played fine without the error using the internal player. So it doesn't appear to be a matter of a misconfigured codec.

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    i also get this error when returning from an external player. The file having played fine.

The only reason i'm using an external player (mpc-hc) is that the internal player seems to be extremely slow for HD mkv files compared to mpc-hc and wmp despite using the same codec (coreavc)

russ9898

Portal Member
    May 25, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also get this message since upgrading to MP 1.0.1. I use KMplayer as an external movie player and only get this message after closing kmplayer. I do not get the message when using the internal player.

Not a big issue but would be nice to find a solution to it :)

emb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I also got this error after upgrading to 1.0.1

In the end I removed 1.0.1 and went back to 1.0.0 and things work fine again.

emb

Sergey K

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I also got this error after upgrading to 1.0.1
    +1.
    When I upgraded to 1.0.1 I can not play video by plugin myStream and MyOnlineVideo.
    In error dialog I have "Audio codec:" without his name!

I do not use external player.
    In "My Video" all my videos plaing OK.

Attachments

• Unable to play.jpg
      Unable to play.jpg
      6 KB

andreas121

Portal Member
    February 9, 2007
    Installed new XP machine with SP3.
    Installed mediaportal 1.0.1

Getting the same problem. Can not play any video files.
    Error is the "unable to play" message with the correct codec information.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I had the same problem after upgrading from MP 1.0.0 to 1.0.1:
    several .mkvs and .avis did not play suddenly with the same codecs, splitters and MP configurations. I got it sorted very quickly:

it was not the splitter, not the codecs or renderer. It was the new way MP 1.0.1 is handling subtitles (inserting the directvobsub filter into the graph). I guess the process of biulding the graph of Mediaportal was disturbed somehow resulting in error message. I did the following (as suggested in MP config):

- reinstall Haali splitter with .avi support and enabled "autoload DirectVobSub"
    - removed DirectVobSub from MP configuration/video/postprocessing
    - checkbox "show subtitles" activated in MP configuration/videos/audio-subtitles

I hope this helps one of you. You can also try simply deinstall DirectVobSub or go back to MP 1.0.0 (never had such problems with that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom