unable to view boxset cover on myfilm 6.0 (1 Viewer)

Norsak

Portal Member
July 11, 2009
The boxset covers do not work exactly as stated in the wiki:

By Default, My Films will display a random cover image from the group as the group cover. As of v 6.0.0 ou can create custom cover images for your Group Hierarchies. Just name the image the same as the Group Hierarchy name, and save it in the same location as your catalog pictures/covers. As in the above example, save an image as Harry Potter.jpg and store it in your AMC database folder (or pictures sub folder if you use one).

The first part (random Cover from group members) does not work, at least not in Big Icon layout.
The second part does work.

• The Covers are by default in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\pictures
    Copy one you like, and rename it Alien.jpg and another AVP.jpg

Last edited:

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
I have another problem. :(

I try to use AMCupdate to update my films.

For example: Aliens ....

the imdb or AMCupdate cannot find it at all.

please help me.

ould not read Config Attribute 'Import_File_On_Internet_Lookup_Failure_In_Guimode' - Using Default Value of 'False'

what does this mean?

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The boxset covers do not work exactly as stated in the wiki:
    The first part (random Cover from group members) does not work, at least not in Big Icon layout.
    I can confirm Norsak - could you add an issue to the Tracker? Thanks.

Could not read Config Attribute 'Import_File_On_Internet_Lookup_Failure_In_Guimode' - Using Default Value of 'False'
    what does this mean?
    IIRC it means you have an outdated grabber or AMCU config. Maybe @Guzzi can confirm that?
    Do you still have the issue even with the new IMDB grabbers?
    If so, try to '(re)Create AMC Updater Default Settings' on the Import Tab in Setup

If neither of those work Guzzi will need proper logs to sort it out - See Support for how to properly report bugs with logs and config files.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Could not read Config Attribute 'Import_File_On_Internet_Lookup_Failure_In_Guimode' - Using Default Value of 'False'
    what does this mean?
    IIRC it means you have an outdated grabber or AMCU config. Maybe @Guzzi can confirm that?
    Do you still have the issue even with the new IMDB grabbers?
    If so, try to '(re)Create AMC Updater Default Settings' on the Import Tab in Setup

If neither of those work Guzzi will need proper logs to sort it out - See Support for how to properly report bugs with logs and config files.
    (re)creating AMCU default config will solve that. Reason is an AMCU config, that was created with older version (probably beta) and a new parameter was introduced (in MF6 final) - thus AMCU will use a default value.

Users who are viewing this thread