unknown error occurred Live TV (1 Viewer)

m57

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
When I try to play Live TV I get an error "Unknown Error Occured" Server has also not been recording TV due to this error.

Any help appreciated

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Your tuner is failing to start streaming with a generic error code:
    [2014-10-03 17:28:16,910] [Log ] [72 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x8007001F

Since this is a generic error code it could be caused by a variety of things which are really only known to the people who created the tuner driver (ie. for your card, probably only Hauppauge engineers). Most often I've seen it when people try to use tuners straight after Windows startup or resume before the tuner driver is fully ready. In fact the Nova T/DT is quite notorious for this.

According to the log files the tuners were both working at 5:52 pm on the 29th. The TV service was stopped and restarted for some unknown reason between 5:54:55 and 5:55:43, and the error started immediately after that when you first tried to use the tuner at ~5:57:
    [2014-09-29 17:57:41,756] [Log ] [27 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x8007001F

To resolve I suggest you try restarting the TV service:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the manual control section.
    3. Click stop service... then start service.
    If that doesn't help then try restarting the PC. I'd be very surprised if that doesn't get rid of the problem.

As for preventing this from happening again: the only thing I can suggest is to increase the tuner detection delay.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/06_General#Delay_for_TV_card_detection

Anything up to 5 minutes may be required depending on the system, but most commonly it would be 10 to 30 seconds.

Regards,
    mm

m57

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    Thanks for your help mm. I've now increased the delay time to 10 seconds and it's been working fine so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you, joecrow, this helped me, but now i have another problem :) Greetings Suppi
    Thank you, joecrow, this helped me, but now i have another problem :) Greetings Suppi
    Hi, i want to install the KeyboardInputPlugin . But i get an Error "Package Loading Error ! Install aborted". Please help...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom