Unplayable Youtube videos (2 Viewers)

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,
I have problems with many youtube videos. Only "Error getting playback urls for video" is displayed. Logs attached (there tried to play "Viikate - Kuu kaakon yllä").

Attachments

• youtube failure #1.zip
    11.2 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just published another update of the Youtube site. Let's hope it's now working again.

Note: First time getting youtube video playback now will take very long. After that the cache kicks in.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I only have this problem when I try to watch VEVO videos on youtube.
    I discovered it when I wanted to test some HD videos from the "HD content" menu item.
    Watch for videos with the red VEVO logo (for example Katy Perry - The one that got away), they will not play (on my system)

I can select the bitrate, but then I get the message: Error starting video. connection is lost, cannot reopen.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I explicitly tested vevo and those work here. Sure you have updated your site?
    And add logs... If you want help ;)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well I explicitly tested vevo and those work here. Sure you have updated your site?
    And add logs... If you want help ;)

My site is from 3-4-2015 18:12

Usually I don't watch those VEVO videos so I don't really care about fixing it.
    I only noticed it when I searched quickly for a HD stream and ended up in this catagory and took the first video available.
    It happened to be a VEVO video.

Anyway, here are some logs

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems your site updating inside OV is not running:
    The dll is not the one from the global server:
    OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone (Version: 1.0.0.3592, Compiled: 2015-03-26 18:39:39)
    The error reads:
    Error on getting sites overview from server: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'onlinevideos.nocrosshair.de'

So you most likely have a firewall enabled that blocks something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its subcategories restored and a few of the broken sites that I had are now back and working. I think it proves that the core program is fine, but there is a problem with the internet connection. I have no idea what...
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its...
    Good evening I never was able to solve my TLS problems and my Online Videos installation is now getting seriously outdated (here...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Resume playback from DE
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto Login do what it says on the tin. The only way to make it work is to manually log in each time. Any hints as to what I'm missing with the login system?
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto...
    So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom