update from 0.1.3.0 to 0.2.0 RC1... why?:?: (1 Viewer)

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
October 30, 2005
is there any meaning to update to 0.2. RC1
is there a big diferens?

If i decide to update, is there any way for me to retain my old configurations :?: :?: :?:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    0200RC1 is exactly that, a Release Candidate, so its not for users. People have problems with the tv portion and its in general a little buggy. If you want to play with it thats fine, but for relying on stick with 0130+26/8cvs

If i decide to update, is there any way for me to retain my old configurations

Answered this question before, so search should find it.

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    Callifo said:
    If you want to play with it thats fine, but for relying on stick with 0130+26/8cvs
    Where do i find 26/8cvs?
    26/8 is that the date of the cvs?
    what about the new ones?
    Do i change my settings when i instal it?

Answered this question before, so search should find it.
    I cant find it, can you pleas help me find it :(

ps.
    sorry for the stupid questions, byt im new at this... :?: :idea:

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    I added the new CVS to 0.1.3 but I have still some isues :!:

Why is there no new CVS to 0.1.3, just for 0.2.0 :?:
    0.2.0 is just a test version...

80sman

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2005
    UK
    0.2.0 is the development version.

0.1.3 is no longer developed, the technology wihin it was fairly stable, but the software base for some of the components was out of date with no way of correcting it without re-writing it from scratch.

Hence

0.1.3 was left as stable as it could be and a new version was started to be advanced with new capabilities......

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom