[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Again

The service is still crashing but now for other reasons , waiting for your investigation on this.

thanks

Tzach

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could anyone with stability issues please post in this topic? Thanks!

Hi,
    I have a strange problem, after updating o tis version, most of the taps of mpextended configuration is empty. I cannot change any settings, because for. example under qr code, nothing is listet.
    Any suggestions?
    Any chance you're on Windows 8?

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Oxan,

It appears that I also have an issue with MPextended.

Having been a user of aMPdroid/Mpextended which has been working successfully on previous version of aMPdroid (V1.0) and MPextended (4.3.0) for the past 6 months. Imagine my disappointment that the upgrade has not been successful, and I am now left without it working except only anything in 'Powermodes' only works, I am no longer able to remote the TV or play via streaming of recorded TV, as they have both stopped working (Note: Diebagger has been working to fix this issue, but I still have it and now it probably relates to MPextended 5.1).

I had the encountered the issue of installing MPextended (5.1), which I had to uninstall and remove the folder complelely, and had to reinstall with elevated privilege at the begining (as per other users who had this problem) and this seem to have solved the MPextended where all buttons now works, previously QRSCAN, logs, start/stop and troubleshooting were all appeared as blank or not working.

I enclosed a log, and I seem to see an error where there is a hard coded name of Oxan written in (I may be wrong here), which won't exist on my pc, so I'm sure sure if this is what's causing problem with streaming, as it happens when I attempt to do this.

So with regards to connection for remotes (TV) just says connection cannot be established, I'm baffled why it stopped working, I have tried all the troubleshooting in the WIKI, and they all work using both account. Bear in mind all this was working before, so I have not needed to change firewall rules, but aMPdroid does allow me to use 'Powermode' and see EPG, list of TV's live and recorded, but not play them or use TV remote.

Update 14/12/2012: I noted yesterday that MPextended button had stopped working again i.e. QRSCAN, Logs, troubleshooting etc, whilst I was trying to assist the problem for Diebagger, so today, I had to uninstall, remove folder from programdata, reboot, and reinstall under an elevated privilege via CMD. It's back working but for how long, and also I still have the problem of not able to steam and TV remote - where it did before - as stated, I have tried all the trouble shooting in WIKI and all works fine. I don't know what else I have missed out. I enclosed the logs for today as well.

I do not use NAS, as the files are on the server where Mediaportal is installed.

Versions used:-
    AMPdroid V1.1
    MPextended V5.1 with WiFiremote downloaded automatically (V7.1.0).

OS is Windows 7 64bit with Service Pack 1
    Android is Galaxy TAB 10.1 running ICS 4.0

Thanks.

Attachments

• mpextended09122012.zip
      37.9 KB
    • MPextended14122012.zip
      23.2 KB
    Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I occasionally get a problem when WebMP does not seem to detect the TV server side of the system and only shows the client system.

This is always solved by quickly stopping the MP extended service and starting them again, using in the MP extended GUI.
    Could you maybe post your logs? I can't reproduce this problem...

YES windows 8 64bit pro
    Ok. Can you please try to send me all the contents of C:\ProgramData\MPExtended? Attach them here, or if you want to keep it private, upload it somewhere and PM me the link. (It might contain the passwords you've configured in the MPExtended Configuration, but given your problem I don't think you've been able to do that yet).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    BTW: Could I select another interface for the service to be published? That 169.254.x.x is my Technisat AirStar2, whichs acts as a network interface in the system (normal B2C2 driver behaviour).
    No, that's not yet possible, will be added in 0.6. However, it should select the IP address from the interface with the name "Local Area Connection" by default, isntead of this one.. What's the name of the interface with the correct IP address?

Also, has your service been stable since disabling autodetection of external IP address or does it still crash?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the encountered the issue of installing MPextended (5.1), which I had to uninstall and remove the folder complelely, and had to reinstall with elevated privilege at the begining (as per other users who had this problem) and this seem to have solved the MPextended where all buttons now works, previously QRSCAN, logs, start/stop and troubleshooting were all appeared as blank or not working.
    That's strange. If you start it as a normal user, it should ask for elevated permissions during installation. Anyway, I probably can't fix this anymore without the old files.

I enclosed a log, and I seem to see an error where there is a hard coded name of Oxan written in (I may be wrong here), which won't exist on my pc, so I'm sure sure if this is what's causing problem with streaming, as it happens when I attempt to do this.
    That's simply the location of the source code during compilation, and doesn't cause any problems.

So with regards to connection for remotes (TV) just says connection cannot be established, I'm baffled why it stopped working, I have tried all the troubleshooting in the WIKI, and they all work using both account. Bear in mind all this was working before, so I have not needed to change firewall rules, but aMPdroid does allow me to use 'Powermode' and see EPG, list of TV's live and recorded, but not play them or use TV remote.
    That is a problem with WifiRemote or aMPdroid, and isn't related to MPExtended. Please post it in their forums.

Update 14/12/2012: I noted yesterday that MPextended button had stopped working again i.e. QRSCAN, Logs, troubleshooting etc, whilst I was trying to assist the problem for Diebagger, so today, I had to uninstall, remove folder from programdata, reboot, and reinstall under an elevated privilege via CMD. It's back working but for how long
    That's strange. If you start it as a normal user, it should ask for elevated permissions during installation, so there shouldn't be any difference between normal installation and installation with elevated permissions. In any case, if this happens again, it is useful if you could create a zip file of the MPExtended folder in programdata (you may omit the Cache subfolder if it's too big), and send that to me. You can either attach it to the forum, or host it somewhere and send me the link in a PM (there might be passwords inside those files).

and also I still have the problem of not able to steam and TV remote - where it did before - as stated, I have tried all the trouble shooting in WIKI and all works fine. I don't know what else I have missed out. I enclosed the logs for today as well.
    Strangely enough, I only see successful streaming sessions in your logs. When the streaming doesn't work, what happens (i.e. what do you see on your phones screen?)

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Ok. Can you please try to send me all the contents of C:\ProgramData\MPExtended? Attach them here, or if you want to keep it private, upload it somewhere and PM me the link. (It might contain the passwords you've configured in the MPExtended Configuration, but given your problem I don't think you've been able to do that yet).
    Ok files attached, will send you the password by pm!

Forgot to say,that all but wifiremote works! with ampdroid (I used the previous <0.5 version of mpextended without problems, so i could set it up in the previous version, but i think i didnt used a password)

Attachments

• MPExtended.rar
      1.3 MB

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    BTW: Could I select another interface for the service to be published? That 169.254.x.x is my Technisat AirStar2, whichs acts as a network interface in the system (normal B2C2 driver behaviour).
    No, that's not yet possible, will be added in 0.6. However, it should select the IP address from the interface with the name "Local Area Connection" by default, isntead of this one.. What's the name of the interface with the correct IP address?

This how "ipconfig" looks like:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32>ipconfig

Configuración IP de Windows

Adaptador de Ethernet Conexión de red Bluetooth 2:

Estado de los medios. . . . . . . . . . . : medios desconectados
       Sufijo DNS específico para la conexión. . :

Adaptador de Ethernet Conexión de área local 4:

Vínculo: dirección IPv6 local. . . : fe80::18a:a5b:44a:32f9%21
       Dirección IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 169.254.178.3
       Máscara de subred . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Puerta de enlace predeterminada . . . . . :

Adaptador de Ethernet Conexión de área local:

Vínculo: dirección IPv6 local. . . : fe80::82f:916c:b494:537e%20
       Dirección IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.3
       Máscara de subred . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Puerta de enlace predeterminada . . . . . : 192.168.0.253

Adaptador de túnel isatap.{160536C7-B1D2-41BF-B76C-C2C14CA50D6F}:

Adaptador de túnel Conexión de área local*:

Adaptador de túnel isatap.{92263DF0-5542-4FDA-8B16-375A988018DC}:

Adaptador de túnel isatap.{5C3A9C45-1C8D-4BB7-8AB4-C8BC0692E7F2}:

Anway, I don't feel that this is a problem... Services is working right...

Also, has your service been stable since disabling autodetection of external IP address or does it still crash?
    No more crashes. Rock solid. :)

Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom