[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For the service you only need 4322, if you also want WebMP you need that port (8080 by default) too.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. Since i´m using a static NAT on my Router/FW the download for stream.mu3 does not work

The Problem here is that outside Port 8090 is not open. I use a High Port ( f.e. 65000 ---> forwarded to 8090 ). I think the download is not passed through the Proxy. Download of Recordings are working.
    Hmm crap, the problem here is that WebMP generates absolute URLs with the network-internal host, not the WAN address. Let me try to fix that.

3. Possibility to use external Player for Live TV / Recordings and Movies ( f.e. MPC HC or VLC )
    - maybe its possible to add a link for the direct streaming URL ?
    Launching MPC HC or VLC from the browser isn't possible. The direct streaming URL is already there in the m3u file.

Hi Oxan,

Thanks for that tip. I thought, that m3u only contains the audio stuff. But everything is in it. MPC-HC can now connect ( local ). And my feeling is that the stream is more smooth as via Browser.
    One thing only ... as i use Direct as my Standard Profile, in any case if i open a TV Channel the TV starts.
    So this is suboptimal as i want to use an external Player. I stop the TV stream in the browser and start the stream with MPC-HC to keep the Server Resources as small as possible. Is there any tweak, where i can disable the autostart of the direct stream ? Maybe another Direct Profil 2 with Autostart disable ?

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One thing only ... as i use Direct as my Standard Profile, in any case if i open a TV Channel the TV starts.
    So this is suboptimal as i want to use an external Player. I stop the TV stream in the browser and start the stream with MPC-HC to keep the Server Resources as small as possible. Is there any tweak, where i can disable the autostart of the direct stream ? Maybe another Direct Profil 2 with Autostart disable ?
    I don't think it's possible yet. It's something that has been annoying me though, so it'll probably be added in 0.6.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    According to the status messaage during startup of mvCentral plugin there should be well over 700 artists in the database, sending you a screenshot. Hope I did not misunderstand you there. :).
    Also attaching a MyFilms configuration file. As I understand no configuration is necessary in MPExtended Configuratior to my MyFilms working?
    What dropdownlist should contain MyFilm setting (Sent you a screenshot from my settings page)

Thank again for your time!
    Could you stop the MPExtended Service, place the two files in the attached zip in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\Extensions, restart the service and try if it works again? If you go to the settings page in WebMediaPortal, a "MyFilms" option should appear in the movies dropdown. If it doesn't work, please post your logs again.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MyFilms.zip
      16.1 KB

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    According to the status messaage during startup of mvCentral plugin there should be well over 700 artists in the database, sending you a screenshot. Hope I did not misunderstand you there. :).
    Also attaching a MyFilms configuration file. As I understand no configuration is necessary in MPExtended Configuratior to my MyFilms working?
    What dropdownlist should contain MyFilm setting (Sent you a screenshot from my settings page)

Thank again for your time!
    Could you stop the MPExtended Service, place the two files in the attached zip in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\Extensions, restart the service and try if it works again? If you go to the settings page in WebMediaPortal, a "MyFilms" option should appear in the movies dropdown. If it doesn't work, please post your logs again.

Thanks!

I have no replaced the attached files and were able to choose Ant Moviecatalog in the dropdown list. However when saving the config I was unable to connect at all - getting Error 500 and a lot of exception errors due MyFilms. Attached log files.
    Another thing you might have a look at is a lot of "Failed to read performance counters..." in WebMediaPortal.log.
    Just tell me if there is another things I should test - I will gladely help out as much as possible.

Thx!

Attachments

• MPExtended.zip
      106.6 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have no replaced the attached files and were able to choose Ant Moviecatalog in the dropdown list. However when saving the config I was unable to connect at all - getting Error 500 and a lot of exception errors due MyFilms. Attached log files.
    Another thing you might have a look at is a lot of "Failed to read performance counters..." in WebMediaPortal.log.
    Just tell me if there is another things I should test - I will gladely help out as much as possible.

Thx!
    Hmm, that's not good. Could you also send me your movie catalog (in private if you want, just send me a PM and I'll give you an e-mail address)? It looks like there are some incompatibilities between the movie catalog format and MPExtended...

The HTTP 500 error is fixed in 0.5.2. The "Failed to read performance counters" is a bit annoying but doesn't harm. I'll look into the cause of that.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thx!
    Hmm, that's not good. Could you also send me your movie catalog (in private if you want, just send me a PM and I'll give you an e-mail address)? It looks like there are some incompatibilities between the movie catalog format and MPExtended...

The HTTP 500 error is fixed in 0.5.2. The "Failed to read performance counters" is a bit annoying but doesn't harm. I'll look into the cause of that.

So when is the next version coming? :)
    Here you go - attached MyFilms.xml....and thanks for your effort!

Attachments

• MyFilms.zip
      1.1 MB
    • MPExtended.zip
      114.4 KB
    Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @Oxan

I occasionally get a problem when WebMP does not seem to detect the TV server side of the system and only shows the client system.

This is always solved by quickly stopping the MP extended service and starting them again, using in the MP extended GUI.

I was wondering if it might be possible to allow an option within the WebMP Settings page to "restart" the service. I put this comment in the MPExtended part of the forum (rather than WebMP) because I presume MPExtended would need this as a feature to get it to work.

Cheers

Robbo100

zetus

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi @Oxan

I occasionally get a problem when WebMP does not seem to detect the TV server side of the system and only shows the client system. .............
    I had the "allmost the same issue". When restarting my HTPC, I was unable to stream anything (file not Found....). Solution: MPExt/web. services 'autostart delayed', in Windows services.
    /Zetus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom