[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you post your logs when that happens too?

Kim-Andre

January 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Here are short explanation and logs for you to enjoy ;)

This happens on many of the movies, and every time on the same movies. working movies are working every time. also tried to copy Bad Boys 2 to Bad Boys folder and renamed the file, same thing happened.
    time 16.39.17. started Bad Boys on client and movie started as it should with normal NIC load.
    time 16.40.23 Stopped Bad Boys from client
    time 16.41.49 Started Bad Boys 2 from client, movie not starting only shows VLC logo in Web player and 80% NIC load on server and 40 on client.
    time 16.43.13 Stopped Bad Boys 2 from client, NIC load back to normal.
    Both movies are almost in same folder and are Divx, BB 2 are a bit higher quality aprox 1,6Gb
    Screenshot of properties from both files added, (in Norwegian) but I guess you understand anyway.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
      screenshot.jpg
      81.9 KB

Kim-Andre

January 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello Oxan and others.

One other thing, I cant find anywhere to change deinterlacing mode. The default linear makes the television and computer monitor to make a blurry/jumping picture, and I have used all day to find out why. I found out why this problem occurred after "inspect element" in browser and changed the default linear function to "blend". Makes my picture crystal clear.!!! but I have to do this on every stream I open.

I found out where to change the option.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does Bad Boys 2.avi play fine in VLC?

However, this seems to be more of a problem with the file, VLC and/or the browser plugin than with MPExtended. The difference between these files might be subtle but can cause huge problems with streaming. For example an MP4 with the MOOV data-block at the end of the file needs to be buffered completely (with symptoms like you described) before playback, while one with the MOOV data-block at the start of the file can be played directly. I suppose something like that is the problem with your files too.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes & yes (the password is "admin" too).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended Service 0.5.3

Download

Changelog
    • Fix crash when there are channels with special characters in their name
    • Fix MediaPortal problems because MyFilms.xml was open
    • Improve stability by logging instead of crashing when background tasks fail
    • Fix external IP detection (whatismyip.com stopped their service)
    • Fix recording thumbnails on Windows XP
    • Fix error from configurator during upgrade
    • Fix MP Videos compatiblity with MediaPortal 1.2
    • Improve performance for loading playlist items
    • Show confirmation message when cache has been cleared
    • Fix outdated artwork
    • Close artwork files after usage
    • Update French, Slovak and Swedish translations, thanks!
    • Add Indonesian translation, thanks!

You can upgrade your installation of a previous version to this version without any problems. No clean installation is needed.

If you get an error like this during installation, you can safely hit "OK" and continue the installation. This is a harmless message during the upgrade from 0.5.2.

Bugreports
    If you have any problems with this version (which you haven't already reported), please open a new topic and attach your logs. Posting your problems and logs here increases the chance I'll look over them or forget to answer them. Please use a new topic! It's also highly appreciated if you could state which client you are using (aMPdroid, WebMediaPortal or something else) that causes this problem.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    0.5.3 is again crashing sometimes here some seconds after the service is started (I automatically reboot my HTPC every morning). This is the windows error inside event viewer:

"Nombre de la aplicación con errores: MPExtended.ServiceHosts.CoreService.exe, versión: 1.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x51056c52
    Nombre del módulo con errores: unknown, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x00000000
    Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
    Desplazamiento de errores: 0x00000000
    Id. del proceso con errores: 0x34c
    Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01ce042913272e7e
    Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files\MPExtended\Service\MPExtended.ServiceHosts.CoreService.exe
    Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: unknown"

No relevant log entry inside MPExtended ones.

I'm going to configure service to launch "automatic (delayed)", as I've had it before upgrading... I'll report back.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It would be useful if you could post the previous or next event (probably from .NET Framework) too, as that one should contain a stacktrace.

Also, the logs are always relevant, even if they don't capture the crash, as they contain needed information about your setup to reproduce the error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom