[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

DizzieNL

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
My WebMP crashes when I have the Activity tab opened while I try to play a movie at a client. See the screenshot and the logs attached.

Error_18-03-2013_21_25.PNG

It results in a dead WebMP and a client that does not get the stream. When I don't have the activity tab opened, the client also does not get the movie stream but WebMP does not seem to crash then.

Could you take a look at it? Thanks!

mike9677

Portal Pro
January 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
For me it's not possible to change the default port.
i wanted to try port 443, turned the firewall off and set it to port 443 in the mpextendedservice settings.
no chance. what is the problem ?

mike

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My WebMP crashes when I have the Activity tab opened while I try to play a movie at a client. See the screenshot and the logs attached.

View attachment 124261

It results in a dead WebMP and a client that does not get the stream. When I don't have the activity tab opened, the client also does not get the movie stream but WebMP does not seem to crash then.

Could you take a look at it? Thanks!
    Sorry, I forgot about your post. I can find one crash of the configuration program in your logs (fixed for 0.5.4), but nothing related to a WebMP crash. It does seem to have trouble connecting to the MPExtended service though. If it happens again, can you check whether the MPExtended Service is still running?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me it's not possible to change the default port.
    i wanted to try port 443, turned the firewall off and set it to port 443 in the mpextendedservice settings.
    no chance. what is the problem ?

mike
    What does happen when you set it to port 443? Also note that setting it to port 443 doesn't enable HTTPS, that is not supported for the service yet. You'll have an HTTP interface running on the HTTPS port then, which will confuse a lot of client software.

mike9677

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK. Quick change. I Set the port to 80 and it works. But only on homenetwork.
    When im trying over internet, i see the loginpage, i can choose a movie, for example, but the stream does not start. On homenetwork it works.
    And i get this ...
    mike

Attachments

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      17.5 KB
    Last edited:

mike9677

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, step by step i'm comming forward.
    Next problem: when i'm turning on tv, the stream beginns. When i want to stop the current stream, i push the little stop button on jplayer.
    but the stream does not really stop. i have to do in "Status" and klick manually on stop. otherwise i can't change to another channel.

Attachments

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      14.8 KB

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The stream stops when you leave the page. At least, it does here.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The stop button in jwPlayer unfortunately isn't wired up yet. As @Dragy said, if you leave the page it should stop the stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom