[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Just did a fresh install on a new machine (Win7 / MP 1.4 / MP Extended), and I still have the problem of direct vlc streaming not working for mkv's on this machine as well. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the installs, but clearly I've managed to do it twice now.

Also getting an "unexpected error" from MP Extended at system startup occasionally on this new machine. Logs attached.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi I want to use irule to control mediportal and get feedback. IT supports ip and http natively. I was wondering if I can use this plugin to do simple play pause navigation using irule http or ip commands also get state feedback like playing or paused or media playing etc. IF so where is documentation?
    You'll want to use WifiRemote for that (it unfortunately doesn't have a HTTP interface, but implementing it's custom JSON interface shouldn't be that hard either).

Logging Windows boot times, I see that MPExtended.ServiceHosts.CoreService.exe causes a delay of up to 10s. Is this known and can anything be done about it or is it something we have to live with?

If I only want to use MPExtended to be able to access the EPG to set recordings via the browser, rather than having to launch MediaPortal (for now my brother will only be using MP as a TV Server, so won't normally have MediaPortal running) is there anything I can do to reduce the overhead from MPExtended?
    I've had some other reports of it, but I've no clue what causes this (and don't experience it myself either), so I'm afraid I can't help here.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just did a fresh install on a new machine (Win7 / MP 1.4 / MP Extended), and I still have the problem of direct vlc streaming not working for mkv's on this machine as well. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the installs, but clearly I've managed to do it twice now.
    That is fixed in v0.5.4, which will be released soon.

Also getting an "unexpected error" from MP Extended at system startup occasionally on this new machine. Logs attached.
    Yeah, I've seen more of those, but no idea what causes it yet.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended Service 0.5.4

Download

Changelog
    • Add streaming profiles for Windows Phone 8 app by @jwe
    • New translations for Czech and Catalan, updated translations for French, Finnish, Hebrew, Indonesian and Slovak. As usual, a sincere thanks to the translators!
    • Fix crash when image cache isn't writable
    • Fix crash in configurator on activity tab
    • Fix crash in configurator when there are duplicate accounts (and disallow creating them)
    • Fix crash when external IP couldn't be determined
    • Fix canceling timeshiftings (also fixes problems with WebMP not stopping a timeshifting)
    • Fix image extraction from files on network drives (fixes recording thumbnails not working)
    • Fix reinstallation in a different directory
    • Reload MediaInfo when the source file changes
    • MP-TVSeries: Fix searching for an episode
    • MP-TVSeries: Fix handling of old, deleted or empty shows and seasons
    • MP-TVSeries: Fix episode counting
    • MP-TVSeries: Fix reading fanart and honor preferred artwork
    • MP-TVSeries: Correctly handle mulitiple episodes in a single fille
    • MovingPictures: Fix compatability with old databases
    • PowerScheduler: Don't prevent shutdown when service is not running
    • Add a watched information to our API
    • Add filter support on boolean values to the API
    • Improve ordering of search results when an alternate title matches
    • Log all configurator crashes
    • Improved error handling when an SQL query fails

You can upgrade your installation of a previous version to this version without any problems. No clean installation is needed.

Note: This upgrade overwrites your StreamingProfiles.xml file. If you have added custom streaming profiles or modified your current streaming profiles, please make a backup of the StreamingProfiles.xml file before installation and manually add them again after the upgrade.

Bugreports
    If you have any problems with this version (which you haven't already reported), please open a new topic and attach your logs. Posting your problems and logs here increases the chance I'll look over them or forget to answer them. Please use a new topic! It's also highly appreciated if you could state which client you are using (aMPdroid, WebMediaPortal or something else) that causes this problem.

Donate
    MPExtended is a volunteer project, which we do in our free time. Donating allows us to spend more time on the project, delivering new features and bugfixes even faster, or fixing that single bug that annoys you so much. It's also very motivating for us to continue working on MPExtended.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've had some other reports of it, but I've no clue what causes this (and don't experience it myself either), so I'm afraid I can't help here.

No worries, it's not a real problem for those of us who to tend to just put our machines in standby and rarely reboot anyway ;)

pee

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had problems with the powerscheduler when streaming recordings with ampdroid and mpextended 0.5.3. My htpc just shuts down after 5 min if theres no timeshifting active. Is this fixed in 0.5.4? The mpextended powerscheduler plugin is active of course.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why would it not shutdown if the server wasn't active? or you mean it shuts down in the middle of streaming? If so you can set minimum network activity (10kb/s) in PS++ settings

Last edited:

pee

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah exactly it shuts down while streaming (except live tv). As there is a mpextended powerscheduler plugin I assumed it should keep the serve alive while streaming. I had the network activity thing active for a while but it tends to keep the server active to often.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AFAIK it shouldn't shut down midstream, esp with PS plugin. I don't know if it is PS or PS++ plugin, but that could make a difference. You can actually put the network activity level up quite high like 256kb/s and it should still stop that happening (hopefully without side effects of not shutting down at other times)

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had problems with the powerscheduler when streaming recordings with ampdroid and mpextended 0.5.3. My htpc just shuts down after 5 min if theres no timeshifting active. Is this fixed in 0.5.4? The mpextended powerscheduler plugin is active of course.
    I fixed one bug related to the PowerScheduler in v0.5.4, so you can try that. However, the powerscheduler plugin is still a bit unreliable in detecting whether a stream is active. I have some plans to fix that, but that's a bit tricky: it's quite easy to end up in a deadlock where the PowerScheduler calls MPExtended, which makes MPExtended conclude there is a client active and tell the PowerScheduler to prevent shutdown. Might be something for 0.5.5 or 0.6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom