[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

pee

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I fixed one bug related to the PowerScheduler in v0.5.4, so you can try that. However, the powerscheduler plugin is still a bit unreliable in detecting whether a stream is active. I have some plans to fix that, but that's a bit tricky: it's quite easy to end up in a deadlock where the PowerScheduler calls MPExtended, which makes MPExtended conclude there is a client active and tell the PowerScheduler to prevent shutdown. Might be something for 0.5.5 or 0.6.
Good to know I'm not alone with this problem and someone is working on it.
Dont know exactly how everything is implemented but maybe the service itself could periodically tell the power scheduler that a stream is active?

Last edited:

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Viewing live TV from a client[DOUBLEPOST=1375281865][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry pressed Post reply to fast
I am using MPExtended to view live TV to my android device (Samsung Tab 2) running AMPdroid. I installed MPExtended to my multiseat server and it works fine. The problem is that the load on my server (Win7 32bs, 2,4GHZ) is very high so I am getting freezes on both my server and Amdroid device. I thought I could install MPExtended to a MP client on my lokal LAN, then point AMPdroid to this client and watch Live TV (throug the MP client). I am not getting this to work (stream failed, remote not connected) and cannot view my chanel list. I can turn on my MP client from AMPdroid (so I guess the connection is OK). Suggestions?

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, that's not supported yet. MPExtended needs to be installed on the same server as the TV server to get TV support.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Is there a way to specify a different webroot/virtual root directory?

Many thanks,

J.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No. Why do you want that?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have multiple web services running on my HTPC and I'm looking to reverse proxy (hide them all behind a single port, but different URL). But I am having problems getting Webmediaportal working correctly with the proxy (nginx).

I got Couchpotato and Sickbeard working by specifying a base/webroot location and these now work fine.

J.

Last edited:

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Today I've upgraded from 0.5.3 to 0.5.4 (both MP Extended + WebMediaportal), and I can't watch livetv... I get "video not found" error in video screen after some seconds, and no video/audio. Logs attached. They contain mixed successfull streaming livetv to aMPDroid, and failed to Webmediaportal

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have multiple web services running on my HTPC and I'm looking to reverse proxy (hide them all behind a single port, but different URL). But I am having problems getting Webmediaportal working correctly with the proxy (nginx).
    Ah, so you want to change the path in the URL, not the physical path it maps to. That's only possible with the IIS version for now (if you don't want to recompile from source).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Today I've upgraded from 0.5.3 to 0.5.4 (both MP Extended + WebMediaportal), and I can't watch livetv... I get "video not found" error in video screen after some seconds, and no video/audio. Logs attached. They contain mixed successfull streaming livetv to aMPDroid, and failed to Webmediaportal
    Which streaming do you have configured in WebMediaPortal? Also, are you trying to stream over the LAN or the internet?

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Which streaming do you have configured in WebMediaPortal? Also, are you trying to stream over the LAN or the internet?

I had configured WebMediaportal to stream direct, and fallback to proxy if not possible... That was working with 0.5.3 locally, I would say, but I must say I use WebMediaportal 99% of times remotelly (obviously)... Now I've forced proxy, and it's working locally and also remotelly. :)

Thanks a lot.

PD: BTW, I was sure I had post this issue in webmediaportal thread, not here... Sorry for that. Could be moved there?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom