[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended doesn't support access to network drives with non-Windows user accounts... So yeah, I'd try to add it as a Windows user first.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Where to file a bug raport? First reinstall of 0.50 service starts, then stop then start it crashes.

Had some trouble with previous versions aswell so could be related.

edit:

right, it has an dependency of tvservice, but i use for the record to watch tv. Can this dependency get changed? I know i cannot watch tv then, but i don't want to. My cable provder has a nice app for the ipad to watch tv.

Attachments

• 26-11-2012.zip
      7.5 KB
    Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, but I seem to have problems using MP Extended on Windows 8 (I installed IIS Express 8 instead of 7). I tried:

1. Upgrading (I had 4.3 working after the Windows 8 Upgrade)
    2. Uninstalling / Installing.

No reaction on the given ports and the config tool shows empty pages after configuration page (Project & Configuration pages are OK, the others are empty). I have set the Fonts to large, but I am not sure if that is the cause. Any ideas? What log files can I check (the log page is empty)?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks, but I seem to have problems using MP Extended on Windows 8 (I installed IIS Express 8 instead of 7). I tried:

No reaction on the given ports and the config tool shows empty pages after configuration page (Project & Configuration pages are OK, the others are empty). I have set the Fonts to large, but I am not sure if that is the cause. Any ideas? What log files can I check (the log page is empty)?
    iis express 8 can't be used with webmp at the moment...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Where to file a bug raport? First reinstall of 0.50 service starts, then stop then start it crashes.

edit:

right, it has an dependency of tvservice, but i use for the record to watch tv. Can this dependency get changed? I know i cannot watch tv then, but i don't want to. My cable provder has a nice app for the ipad to watch tv.
    Ah, you have the TvService installed but don't use it? Haven't thought about that, will try to fix that usecase in 0.5.1. You should be able to fix this for now by executing "sc config 'MPExtended Service' depend= " (with the trailing space) in a terminal, it won't recreate the dependency automatically.

I think your problem here is Windows 8. No one has tested it on Windows 8 as far as I know... Anyway, if you can upload the logs from C:\ProgramData\MPExtended I might be able to help you.
    OK, should I try the IIS Version or install IIS 7 on Windows 8? Any ideas?
    I don't think that'll make a difference.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

edit:

Ah, you have the TvService installed but don't use it? Haven't thought about that, will try to fix that usecase in 0.5.1. You should be able to fix this for now by executing "sc config 'MPExtended Service' depend= " (with the trailing space) in a terminal, it won't recreate the dependency automatically.
    Yes this is exactly what i have, wanted to use the tvserver but wasn't stable enough for my tuners. So switched to For The Record. Only problem now is i cannot update to 0.50 because of wifiremote 0.70, this doesn't seem to work on my machine, have black screen when watching live tv. Someone else also reported the same error :) Thats great :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes this is exactly what i have, wanted to use the tvserver but wasn't stable enough for my tuners. So switched to For The Record. Only problem now is i cannot update to 0.50 because of wifiremote 0.70, this doesn't seem to work on my machine, have black screen when watching live tv. Someone else also reported the same error :) Thats great :)
    Looks like the WifiRemote problem is also because you use 4TR instead of the MP TvService. In any case, you can still manually downgrade to WifiRemote 0.6 after installing MPExtended 0.5, though certain MPExtended and aMPdroid features won't work then.

Here you are - thanks Oxan.
    Strange enough, your logs don't reveal any major problems... Does http://localhost:8080/ work? If not, what do you get (i.e. connection refused, error page, connection timed out, blank page, etc)?

Also, the configurator problem seems to be an access problem. Try to give everybody read/write access to C:\ProgramData\MPExtended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom