[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Hello, first of all congratulations for that excellent, hard work. I appreaciate it very much. I have do some test. I have a problem when loading channel list, there doesn't appear channels logos. I attach logs. Thank you

Attachments

• tv logos.zip
    32.6 KB
Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes this is exactly what i have, wanted to use the tvserver but wasn't stable enough for my tuners. So switched to For The Record. Only problem now is i cannot update to 0.50 because of wifiremote 0.70, this doesn't seem to work on my machine, have black screen when watching live tv. Someone else also reported the same error :) Thats great :)
    Looks like the WifiRemote problem is also because you use 4TR instead of the MP TvService. In any case, you can still manually downgrade to WifiRemote 0.6 after installing MPExtended 0.5, though certain MPExtended and aMPdroid features won't work then.
    I changed the service with the following command:

sc config "mpextended service" depend= /

Just in case someone else want's to do this.

tnx for pointer.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello, first of all congratulations for that excellent, hard work. I appreaciate it very much. I have do some test. I have a problem when loading channel list, there doesn't appear channels logos. I attach logs. Thank you
    Thanks, will be fixed in MPExtended 0.5.1.

JamesLyden

November 10, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Edit: turns out you need everything to use UNC paths in order for streaming to work -- I slogged through all the mepo DBs and replaced the drive letter with the network path, and it all works now! Thanks to Oxan for a fantastic addition to my home theater (and DieBagger too -- aMPdroid + Nexus 7 = media everywhere!)

I've been looking forward to 0.5.0 for quite some time, hoping it would fix my streaming woes. Unfortunately, it hasn't :( Any pointers?
    My setup is all media on a network share, and all MediaPortal databases on a local hard drive. I've already:
    * done a clean install (deleting the ProgramData\MPExtended directory in between uninstall and install)
    * have configured my network share account (which gets a success message when I test it)
    * have configured MPExtended to run as the network share account

My logs are attached. I believe the pertinent line is:
    * 2012-11-26 17:30:15.23340 [(8)] WARN: Trying to load mediainfo for mediatype=Movie provider= id=117 filetype=Content offset=0 path=N:\video\movies\Usual Suspects (1995)\Usual Suspects.m4v, which doesn't seem to exist

Attachments

• network share fail.zip
      34.9 KB
    Last edited:

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Where to file a bug raport? First reinstall of 0.50 service starts, then stop then start it crashes.

Had some trouble with previous versions aswell so could be related.

edit:

right, it has an dependency of tvservice, but i use for the record to watch tv. Can this dependency get changed? I know i cannot watch tv then, but i don't want to. My cable provder has a nice app for the ipad to watch tv.
    Ah, you have the TvService installed but don't use it? Haven't thought about that, will try to fix that usecase in 0.5.1. You should be able to fix this for now by executing "sc config 'MPExtended Service' depend= " (with the trailing space) in a terminal, it won't recreate the dependency automatically.

Thanks, but I seem to have problems using MP Extended on Windows 8 (I installed IIS Express 8 instead of 7). I tried:

1. Upgrading (I had 4.3 working after the Windows 8 Upgrade)
    2. Uninstalling / Installing.

No reaction on the given ports and the config tool shows empty pages after configuration page (Project & Configuration pages are OK, the others are empty). I have set the Fonts to large, but I am not sure if that is the cause. Any ideas? What log files can I check (the log page is empty)?
    I think your problem here is Windows 8. No one has tested it on Windows 8 as far as I know... Anyway, if you can upload the logs from C:\ProgramData\MPExtended I might be able to help you.
    OK, should I try the IIS Version or install IIS 7 on Windows 8? Any ideas?
    I don't think that'll make a difference.
    I'm running mpextended and webmpextended on Windows 8 Pro.
    You have to install IIS in windows 8. I think i did something like this:
    Open control panel and programs and features (or what the name is). Click activate windows features (something like that) on the left, check the box for Internet Information Services, then expand the tree for IIS and find and check the box for ".NET 4.5" and click OK. After the install is complete you will most likely be missing some dll-files for MVC3:
    Code:
    Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll
    System.Web.Helpers.dll
    System.Web.Mvc.dll
    System.Web.Razor.dll
    System.Web.WebPages.dll
    System.Web.WebPages.Deployment.dll
    System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll
    I took these files from my Windows 7 installation that runs tvservice and also have mpextended installed with webmpextended. I searched for the files in my windows 7 box and copied them. They need to be placed in the BIN folder "c:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\bin" for me on x64 Windows 8. I cant say for sure that is all i did, but i think so. And it's working for me now on Win8.
    I also had the problem that port 80 is being used by some other program so i had to change the port for the Deafult Web Site to 88.

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Oxan
    - I added the permissions and strangely enough still some of the pages are empty. It depends on the order which I activate them... The first 2 work, then it Fails.
    - localhost:8080 gives me an internal server error (500).

I will see if I can instell IIS in full later today.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Oxan
    - I added the permissions and strangely enough still some of the pages are empty. It depends on the order which I activate them... The first 2 work, then it Fails.
    The third one is Plugins. Does it work if you skip that one and open Social right ahead?
    - localhost:8080 gives me an internal server error (500).
    Are there any details on that page (might need to disable friendly error messages in IE to see them)?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I installed the full IIS and now MP Extended works (I also deleted all the directories in full, which I did not do before, so I am not sure what was causing this).

But I can not get WebMP to work (should I move there?). I added the application to my IIS, but it complains when I try to look at the configuration that line 9 that there is a duplicate entry of Add with "ClientVerificationEnabled" as key could not be added.

Code:
    <configuration>  
      <appSettings>
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true"/>

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom