[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (6 Viewers)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi There,

Just installed this on MePo 1.4 singleseat install. Everything seemed to install ok, and I can connect to the web service both locally and remotely and login. However, I'm unable to stream anything at all. Must have missed something somewhere. Logs attached.
    There's nothing out of the ordinary in your logs. Any chance E: and/or F: is a network drive?
    having the same problem. Becasue of the blog i decided to install. I'm running 1.4 aswell. 'direct' stares back at me with a VLC icon in the middle and the Flash players complain about not finding the video.
    The movies / music is on a NAS but i've entered the correct creds and restarted the service. Should i post the log files as well?
    Restart of the web services did the trick :D stupid me :)

there still must be something wrong with iis7 express or something, because all the skins i'm downloading end up in a mess. Only the default skin works fine. Well, maybe that's something for tomorrow :)

Last edited:

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    There's nothing out of the ordinary in your logs. Any chance E: and/or F: is a network drive?

No, they are local. Tried disabling firewall / A/V as well.

I messed around with it some more. I can get streaming to a desktop (Win 7 / Firefox / IE) with flash only. With direct, I just get the VLC icon in the window, and with http it says this is not supported by my browser (both IE and FF). I can get streaming to an IOS device using http only. I assume the later is correct, as there is no flash on the IOS device.

I was going to try and work it with different user id's, so the desktop id used flash and the IOS id used http, but it seems the streaming parameters are global.

Is there some sort of matrix of what streaming should work to which devices? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

EDIT2: OK think I've found the problem with direct streaming...... just not sure how to go about fixing it. None of the mkv's work. It's just the avi's that are working - I have so few of them avi's, it made it look like the whole library wasn't working. I have LAV filters installed (standard with 1.4), and I thought vlc came with all it's own splitters / filters anyway, so not sure how to go about fixing this.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was going to try and work it with different user id's, so the desktop id used flash and the IOS id used http, but it seems the streaming parameters are global.
    That's fixed in 0.6.

Is there some sort of matrix of what streaming should work to which devices? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.
    - Direct should work everywhere the VLC plugin is available, but depends a bit on the container. Some containers aren't streamable, though MKV is as far as I know. Weird that it doesn't work for you, not sure why that happens.
    - Flash should work everywhere Flash is available.
    - HTTP Live Streaming should work on Mac OS X (Safari only, mabye), Android and iOS.

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which VLC version do you have installed? I remember that there were some problems with full screen in old 1.x versions, should be solved in 2.x iirc.
    Yes, I use VLC 1.x, because there were issues on my laptop with early 2.x. Either sound or video (I do not remember) were not working. I may have to try a newer 2.x and will let you know.

Thanks
    LennyW
    Unfortunately I still have issues with VLC 2.x. It sounds like audio is repeated after a few miliseconds. It sounds really awful. Is there any other way to solve this issue? New laptop is no option :( ... Otherwise I could still use Flash HD, it is working okay.

Thanks
    LennyW

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, sorry, it's a bug in VLC 1.x which is fixed in VLC 2.x. Nothing we can do anything about.

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay,
    I will wait for a new laptop then. It may be not as far away as I have thought... :D

Thanks,
    LennyW

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I recently installed WebMediaPortal 0.5.3, mainly to be able to remotely schedule recordings, which works very well :) , other than the fact that sometimes I don't get the TV guide etc, which seems to be a known issue.

Anyway, I am also interested in the streaming function, preferably 'direct' with the VLC plugin (on my LAN only). So, I installed the latest VLC player 2.0.7 and made sure the box was ticked to install the activex plugin. When I load up the WebMP page in IE and select a program to "watch live" I get the IE pompt and see the placeholder on the screen. Then when I accept the prompt to run the VLC plugin the placeholder disappears but I don't get the video. Audio starts streaming fine in the background. The change player drop down box sits right up under the play, pause, etc buttons, so no black screen or anything like that. When I download the playlist for usage with external player and load that in the VLC player it works fine.

Any ideas?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you try it in another browser (Firefox or Chrome)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom