[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

techchad

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Updated MPExtended Service 5.4 with no issues, however I'm having a slight issue updating to WebMediaPortal 5.4, it keeps popping up an error that a network resource is not available:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.097\MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.3\MPExtended.Installers.WebMediaPortal.msi

I scoured my PC and I don't have the older WebMediaPortal msi anywhere on it (or the zip file it came in for that matter.) It won't even allow me to uninstall it from Programs & Features. Anyone have a link where I can DL the 5.3 msi to get around this?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It'd be really helpful if you could post (a screenshot of) the exact error that you're having during installation.

techchad

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    Here you go.

Attachments

• MPWinst.png
      MPWinst.png
      60.7 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, looks like that can happen when you modify some of the installed files. Stupid Windows Installer.

Anyway, I've send you a link to the 0.5.3 installer in a private message.

techchad

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    Worked like a champ thanks Oxan! Side note to anyone else who may experience this stupid Windows Installer issue, I had to recreate the temp directory and rename the installer to exactly what it was looking for before it would work.

Thanks for the link!

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just installed MPExtened and WebMediaPortal 0.5.4. Amazing!

I've got just a little issue: on the web interface, defaults skin, settings screen: I would like to choose another default TV group. Whenever I click the change button I'm reverted back to the logon screen, where after logging on again, no change to settings have been saved. (When doing a mouse over on the save button the link shown is http://ipaddress:8080/settings)

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,
    I'm trying to get this to work with my iPod running IOS 5.1.1. Much of it is working well, I can look at epg, schedule recordings and such. But I'm not able to playback recordings. When I try that, upon pressing the play button the ipod opens up a little playback window and then just sits there with a little spinning circle imposed over the quicktime player. I've tried the "direct" player, and an "http" stream player. I also tried the direct m3u playlist option, which just opens up a quicktime player that just remains black. Playback works when I try independently from a pc browser. I've attached logs. I need to update my systems specs, but the config is Win 8, MP 1.4, Webmediaportal 0.5.4. It's the system known at the test system in my profile.
    Also, "Ka-Ching", I just put a little donation in the pot to stir up some interest and say thanks for some hard/great work. Keep the lights on guys.
    My wife will think I'm pretty clever to get this working, but I know the real genius's out there are you guys. Thanks for any ideas.

Tony

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just installed MPExtened and WebMediaPortal 0.5.4. Amazing!

I've got just a little issue: on the web interface, defaults skin, settings screen: I would like to choose another default TV group. Whenever I click the change button I'm reverted back to the logon screen, where after logging on again, no change to settings have been saved. (When doing a mouse over on the save button the link shown is http://ipaddress:8080/settings)
    Does changing other settings work? It'd also be useful if you could post your logs.

I'm trying to get this to work with my iPod running IOS 5.1.1. Much of it is working well, I can look at epg, schedule recordings and such. But I'm not able to playback recordings. When I try that, upon pressing the play button the ipod opens up a little playback window and then just sits there with a little spinning circle imposed over the quicktime player. I've tried the "direct" player, and an "http" stream player. I also tried the direct m3u playlist option, which just opens up a quicktime player that just remains black. Playback works when I try independently from a pc browser. I've attached logs. I need to update my systems specs, but the config is Win 8, MP 1.4, Webmediaportal 0.5.4. It's the system known at the test system in my profile.
    Is the iPad connected over the internet (3G) or the local network (wifi)? In the first case, try this. If that's not the case or doesn't work, please post your MPExtended logs (instead of MediaPortal logs). There's an export button on the Troubleshooting tab in the MPExtended configuration program.

(You should try with one of the "HTTP Live Streaming" profiles; the others won't work on iOS).

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    Oxan,
    Thanks for the quick response. I am connecting by a local (WiFi), not 3g. Here are the logs. Oh, also I tried the http live stream.
    Tony

Attachments

• ios_stream.zip
      28 KB
    Last edited:

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    I think I found the issue. The black play screen I described, is happening on my Win 8 system. When I put this on Win 7, with mostly the same setup, my playback is working. @Oxan it's not a big hurry for me to get to Win 8, so don't sweat that, I have a working setup now. I'm more interested in a different comment you wrote about deleting recordings from WebMediaPortal in a .6 realease. You can put that ahead of Win 8 from my perspective. The Wifey is now happily watching recordings from her iPad. That was the goal. Thanks for all your hard work.! Take Care ... Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom