[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (3 Viewers)

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.
Just a short question:
Would it be possible to add a "Genre" View in the Music-Area? Otherwise the list with all Artists is quite Long and takes some time to load - would be nice if it would be possible to Change this to a Genre view (like in TV-Series and Movies)?

Thanks

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sure thing! Thanks for the lightening reply!:D

It's only a test DB here in the office. All files on a NAS (well WHS).
    Actually, it seems to work for me with that database... Can you try to go to the settings tab in WebMP, select MyVideos as "Movie database" and check again? If it still doesn't appear, validate the path to the database inside the MPExtended configuration. If that doesn't work, please attach your logs here and I'll see what's wrong ;)

Hi.
    Just a short question:
    Would it be possible to add a "Genre" View in the Music-Area? Otherwise the list with all Artists is quite Long and takes some time to load - would be nice if it would be possible to Change this to a Genre view (like in TV-Series and Movies)?
    Good idea, added to TODO.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hello oxan, I have played a little bit with the web-interface.

I have some suggestions:

Music:
    In the music sections you are showing all the artists and try to drill down to their albums. If you have artists on a sampler album the don't have own albums and the list for these artists is empty.
    From my point of view it would be a good idea th have more than one artist views:
    A first view with albumartist, a separate field in the database, when drilling down the albums of the choosen albumartist should be shown
    A second view with the artists. When drilling down all the titles of the artist should be shown.

A very comfortable but complex to implement feature could be to read the the view definitions for music out of the MePo configuration. There is an option to define the views.

Tv-recording view: I have a lot of recordings.they are shown in an alphabetical order Is it possible to show and group them as it is within MePo?

Moving pictures:
    I have entries from bluerays and dvds in my database. It the webinterface does not make a different between entries with existing files and entries from disks where there is no possibility to play them.

And at least: very good work congratulations

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Fresh Install, I changed port to 80 since I have something else on 8080.

I get an error only in TVseries, Moving Pictures and Music work fine. From the home page I can select the recent tv episodes, but cannot click on the link for TVSeries at the top nor choose genre from the drop list.

Service.log
    -------------
    2012-11-26 15:24:37.35301 [(16)] WARN: Tried to do invalid sorting; actual values SortBy=Title, OrderBy=Asc
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
    at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPTVSeries.CustomReaders.<>c__DisplayClass8.<PreferedArtworkReader>b__7(String x) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPTVSeries\CustomReaders.cs:line 117
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPTVSeries.CustomReaders.PreferedArtworkReader(SQLiteDataReader reader, Int32 index, Object param) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPTVSeries\CustomReaders.cs:line 114
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.AutoFiller`1.AutoCreate(SQLiteDataReader reader) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\AutoFiller.cs:line 74
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.ObjectFactory`1.CreateObject(SQLiteDataReader reader) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\ObjectFactory.cs:line 53
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQuery`1.ExecuteQuery() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQuery.cs:line 148
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQuery`1.AddOrder[TKey](Boolean desc, Expression`1 keySelector) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQuery.cs:line 334
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQuery`1.OrderBy[TKey](Expression`1 keySelector) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQuery.cs:line 344
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQueryProvider`1.CreateQuerySmart(MethodCallExpression mce) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQueryProvider.cs:line 75
    at MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin.LazyQueryProvider`1.CreateQuery[TElement](Expression expression) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.SQLitePlugin\LazyQueryProvider.cs:line 45
    at System.Linq.Queryable.OrderBy[TSource,TKey](IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 keySelector)
    at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Extensions.QueryableExtensionMethods.OrderBy[TSource,TKey](IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 keySelector, WebSortOrder order) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Extensions\QueryableExtensionMethods.cs:line 47
    at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.IQueryableExtensionMethods.SortMediaItemList[T](IQueryable`1 list, Nullable`1 sortInput, Nullable`1 orderInput, WebSortField defaultSort, WebSortOrder defaultOrder) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService\ExtensionMethods.cs:line 88
    2012-11-26 15:24:37.35401 [(16)] ERROR: Unhandled exception in service (SOAP interface)
    System.Exception: Sorting on this property is not supported for this media type
    at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.IQueryableExtensionMethods.SortMediaItemList[T](IQueryable`1 list, Nullable`1 sortInput, Nullable`1 orderInput, WebSortField defaultSort, WebSortOrder defaultOrder) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService\ExtensionMethods.cs:line 128
    at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.MediaAccessService.GetTVShowsDetailed(Nullable`1 provider, String filter, Nullable`1 sort, Nullable`1 order) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService\MediaAccessService.cs:line 442
    at SyncInvokeGetTVShowsDetailed(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

From Website:
    -----------------
    Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

Please include the information below when you report this error.
    WebMediaPortal version 0.5.0 (commit 7095fe5).
    Request: http://10.10.10.10/TVShowsLibrary

Sorting on this property is not supported for this media type

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.Interfaces.IMediaAccessService.GetTVShowsDetailed(Nullable`1 provider, String filter, Nullable`1 sort, Nullable`1 order)
    at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.TVShowsLibraryController.Index(String filter) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\TVShowsLibraryController.cs:line 39
    at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
    at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
    at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
    at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Music:
    In the music sections you are showing all the artists and try to drill down to their albums. If you have artists on a sampler album the don't have own albums and the list for these artists is empty.
    From my point of view it would be a good idea th have more than one artist views:
    A first view with albumartist, a separate field in the database, when drilling down the albums of the choosen albumartist should be shown
    A second view with the artists. When drilling down all the titles of the artist should be shown.

A very comfortable but complex to implement feature could be to read the the view definitions for music out of the MePo configuration. There is an option to define the views.
    I'll see if I can do anything about this for 0.6.

Tv-recording view: I have a lot of recordings.they are shown in an alphabetical order Is it possible to show and group them as it is within MePo?
    Yes, a rework of the recording page has already been planned for 0.6.

Moving pictures:
    I have entries from bluerays and dvds in my database. It the webinterface does not make a different between entries with existing files and entries from disks where there is no possibility to play them.
    I'm not really sure how we can differentiate between those items and entries from disks... I'll take a look, but can't promise anything.

And at least: very good work congratulations
    Thanks!

Fresh Install, I changed port to 80 since I have something else on 8080.

I get an error only in TVseries, Moving Pictures and Music work fine. From the home page I can select the recent tv episodes, but cannot click on the link for TVSeries at the top nor choose genre from the drop list.
    Thanks, fixed for 0.5.1.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How to change from port 8080 to another port?

Ooops sorry found it in the GUI Config :). Should https also work because it seems I can´t enter the webinterface on LAN when https is activated, but maybe the port is in use.

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sure thing! Thanks for the lightening reply!:D

It's only a test DB here in the office. All files on a NAS (well WHS).
    Actually, it seems to work for me with that database... Can you try to go to the settings tab in WebMP, select MyVideos as "Movie database" and check again? If it still doesn't appear, validate the path to the database inside the MPExtended configuration. If that doesn't work, please attach your logs here and I'll see what's wrong ;)

Hi Oxan,

The above didn't help :( .

However, I just installed Moving Pictures and I can now switch between the Moving Pictures and MyVideos databases in settings without a problem and the change is corrected reflected when browsing the movies in WebMediaPortal! So, it looks like the problem only occurs if Moving Pictures isn't installed. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Wo0zy

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see an other bug in the music section.

Every time that the artist OR the album name has an apostrophe, the music player will not display the album cover.

thanks again !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2012-11-27 à 08.21.17.jpg
      Capture d’écran 2012-11-27 à 08.21.17.jpg
      21.7 KB
    • Capture d’écran 2012-11-27 à 08.21.31.jpg
      Capture d’écran 2012-11-27 à 08.21.31.jpg
      62.5 KB

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any option to change the soundtrack?
    I guess WebMP takes the first track but i need the 2nd one :D
    Sorry, not yet.
    You don't need to set this on services.msc anymore, you can just set a user in the MPExtended config...
    Yes, that's right, though setting it in services.msc doesn't hurt either.
    Separate question - is the streaming timeout after 40 mins or so from version 0.4.3 fixed in the latest version?
    It should be.
    Hi Oxan,

Many THX for this new version. Installed yesterday evening and tested @home ( LAN ). So Direct / HTTP / Flash streaming are working ( TV and Recording ).
    Today i tried to connect via Internet to my server. I can login, stream via Flash ... but no Direct Streaming for TV is possible. I have set to With Proxy, but the stream does not start. Same Client works if i´m connected via LAN and also works if i choose Flash. So i think its not a firewall problem. What i´m wonder is that the Recordings with the same settings are working over Internet. Only Live TV does not work

Please check the Log
    From the logs it looks like this happens because the client disconnects... which is strange. Is there anything in your IIS logs or Windows error logs about this?

Hi Oxan,

Some more Test .. but direct Live-Tv-Streaming via Internet does not work. Recordings are working fine with the same Internet Access / Client / Software.

2012-11-27 13:29:15.17328 [(6)] WARN: Exception while proxying stream http://192.168.2.100:4322/MPExtende...etrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-15612
    System.Web.HttpException (0x800704CD): Der Remotehost hat die Verbindung beendet. Fehlercode: 0x800704CD.
    bei System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)
    bei System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ExplicitFlush()
    bei System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush)
    bei System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush()
    bei System.Web.HttpWriter.WriteFromStream(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    bei System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    bei MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.ProxyStream(String sourceUrl) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal

I have an WHS 2011 and use the internal IIS. So locally connected via LAN works fine.
    I think the Problem is the Proxy stuff. I don´t believe, that the Router or Firewall is the problem, because the Recordings are working fine.
    Would be great if you could look a little bit further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom