[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: MPExtended Service 0.4

Tryed. Still not working...
That's really strange. I've no idea what could be causing this, sorry.

Also, even though have I have disabled the authentication, I must still login. Is that feature not operational yet? Can I submit the account/password directly in the url and bypass the login screen? syntax?
Disabling authentication only works for the service atm, not for WebMediaPortal.

It's solved now. Open manually the ports 4322.
:D

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

Oxan, I updated to 4.1, whenever i try and start the service it will stop within a few seconds. I tried to go into services and start it my self but i got the following error: "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly".

I am running win 7 64 bit. Logs below:
Could you post the details of all events related to that? See the screenshot I posted on the previous page.

Sorry Oxan, never got an email about this reply.. heres some screenshots of event viewer:

http://i.imgur.com/74kAu.png

http://i.imgur.com/l63pF.png

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

First of all; what a great MPExtended!

I have a single seat configuration and use aMPdroid.
    Two Issues:

1) I cant access shares on my windows home server (this is not the PC with MP), while with Explorer there is no problem to access this network resource
    2) The service only works when I shutdown Windows Firewall (How do I add Prot 4322 manually? - I think I actually did that within the firewall configuration, although MPExtended has its entry already)
    3) On Troubleshooting register you guys provide Testlinks, always when I click them MPExtended will instantly crash.

Thx.
    regards
    irm

BOSSJoe

Portal Member
    October 31, 2009

Hi,

just tried to install MPExtended Services on my WHS 2011. But everytime the installion faild because the service couldn´t start.

Here is the Errorlog:

Der Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. System.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "MPExtended.Libraries.General.Log" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> NLog.NLogConfigurationException: Exception occurred when loading configuration from C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\NLog.config ---> NLog.NLogConfigurationException: Error when setting property 'Layout' on File Target[fileExtendedInfo] ---> System.ArgumentException: LayoutRenderer cannot be found: 'onexception'
    bei NLog.Config.Factory`2.CreateInstance(String name)
    bei NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.ParseLayoutRenderer(ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, Tokenizer sr)
    bei NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.CompileLayout(ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, Tokenizer sr, Boolean isNested, String& text)
    bei NLog.Layouts.SimpleLayout.set_Text(String value)
    bei NLog.Internal.PropertyHelper.TryNLogSpecificConversion(Type propertyType, String value, Object& newValue, ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory)
    bei NLog.Interna...

Any Ideas?

:D

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Sorry Oxan, never got an email about this reply.. heres some screenshots of event viewer:

Fixed for 0.4.2.

1) I cant access shares on my windows home server (this is not the PC with MP), while with Explorer there is no problem to access this network resource
    Have you tried changing the user the service runs as to your account?
    2) The service only works when I shutdown Windows Firewall (How do I add Prot 4322 manually? - I think I actually did that within the firewall configuration, although MPExtended has its entry already)
    I'm not sure, that's supposed to work automatically but apparantly it doesn't. I don't know how to fix it though :/
    3) On Troubleshooting register you guys provide Testlinks, always when I click them MPExtended will instantly crash.
    Please export your log files and attach them to a new thread.

just tried to install MPExtended Services on my WHS 2011. But everytime the installion faild because the service couldn´t start.

Here is the Errorlog:

Der Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. System.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "MPExtended.Libraries.General.Log" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> NLog.NLogConfigurationException: Exception occurred when loading configuration from C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\NLog.config ---> NLog.NLogConfigurationException: Error when setting property 'Layout' on File Target[fileExtendedInfo] ---> System.ArgumentException: LayoutRenderer cannot be found: 'onexception'
    bei NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.ParseLayoutRenderer(ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, Tokenizer sr)
    bei NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.CompileLayout(ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, Tokenizer sr, Boolean isNested, String& text)
    bei NLog.Internal.PropertyHelper.TryNLogSpecificConversion(Type propertyType, String value, Object& newValue, ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory)
    bei NLog.Interna...
    I've seen that before, seems to only happen on WHS 2011. I've no idea why though.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Re: AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

First of all; what a great MPExtended!

Thx.
    regards
    irm

The only way to help you is with the firewall (Thanks to Ayindi)

1. in the windows start menu go to the command line and enter "firewall"
    2. something like "firewall with advanced security" should appear, click on it
    3. a window will come up. in the top left corner go to "incoming rules"
    4. On the right side, click on "new rule" and select "new port" in the next window
    5. Use TCP for the port 4322 is the standard and click through the next windows.
    6. That should be it

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006

Oxan, I updated to 4.1, whenever i try and start the service it will stop within a few seconds. I tried to go into services and start it my self but i got the following error: "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly".

I am running win 7 64 bit. Logs below:
    Could you post the details of all events related to that? See the screenshot I posted on the previous page.

Have exact same issue here, on Win7 64-Bit, works fine on my Vista Server. Any timeframe for a fix?:D:D

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Have exact same issue here, on Win7 64-Bit, works fine on my Vista Server. Any timeframe for a fix?:D:D
    Yeah, already fixed in git, will be released next weekend :)

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006

Cheers

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Here is the Errorlog:

bei NLog.Interna...
    I've seen that before, seems to only happen on WHS 2011. I've no idea why though.

Getting the same error on a WHS2011, same Eventlog entry. Tried to run installer as administrator, run in compatibility mode for Windows 7, still no cure. As far as I understand it cannot find LayoutRenderer, whyever that might be. Tried to understand NLog.config, but I have to admit that I'm not that good at coding, regular expressions etc.

If I can do anything to help to track this one down, please let me know, as I'd really like to be able to use this on my server. (TV4Home worked perfectly before, as well as AmpDroid. I did a full uninstall of all old services and did a server reboot before trying to install MPExtended Service).
    What I noticed from the posting above: My WHS2011 is also a German language WHS 2011. Maybe a localization issue? Just an idea...

Edit: No, I See, NLog related. Tried to workaround by disabling logging or setting absolute paths, but I'm not competent enough to do this..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom