[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joostzilla

Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

I just thought it was the time of the day to thank Oxan for MPextended.
So here it goes...

Oxan: A Big Thank You Very Much for MPextended.

:D:D:D

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

MPExtended Service 0.4.2

I have just released version 0.4.2 with these changes:
    • Fix support for paths with diacritics in them
    • Fix installation of firewall exceptions
    • Fix update checker
    • Add option to open WebMediaPortal from tray application
    • Fix duplicate tv series
    • Give MediaPortal focus when started from the tray application or remote control
    • Add rating information to music tracks and albums
    • Do not downgrade WifiRemote during installation
    • Fix loading of year information from music albums
    • Fix serialization of huge lists
    • Fix crash when MediaPortal config file doesn't contain WifiRemote values
    • Fix crash when Bonjour is corrupt
    • Fix crash when exception happens on background thread (vlc for example)
    • Fix crash in tray application when started twice on the same computer
    • Fix crash when using a custom installation
    • Fix crash when searching in TV database
    • Fix installation on WHS 2011. Logging is currently unavailable, this will be fixed in the next version.
    • Improve error logging

Click here to download.

If you have any problems with this new version, please export your logs and configuration from the tray application and attach them to a new thread. This helps us keep the forum clean and usable, and avoids your problems to get lost in this huge thread. See the startpost for links to documentation and more help on troubleshooting.

Also, I'd like to point out that we've added a donate option for MPExtended. As we also have to pay rent and food, donating allows us to spend more time on the project. This also benefits you: we will be delivering new features and bugfixes even faster.

Thanks to everyone for using MPExtended and the great feedback and bugreports.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed MP Extended and WebMP and I must say I am really impressed. Initially I thought, well while waiting for Eve to arrive I can maybe check out MP Extended in the mean time, but well you guys rock.

But as it is the case with this demanding MP audiance, I have a few questions - requests, so here I go:
    1. Streaming works great to PCs, is it possible to get streaming to iDevices in place?
    2. Streaming again, would it be hard to add skip steps? And maybe add comskip support while playing (as chapter marks)?
    3. Streaming the third: Will live TV streaming be an option in the future?
    4. And now for something completly different: While streaming my htpc gets sleepy and goes into sleep mode. I now I can workaround this by using PS++ Network monitoring ability, but this is only available on the server. Could you guys add a short system call in regular periods to tell the system: I am still working, don't go to sleep (SetThreadExecutionState with a parameter of ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED )

Right now my music does not work yet, but I will investigate first a little bit. Thanks again for your great effort!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But as it is the case with this demanding MP audiance, I have a few questions - requests, so here I go:
    1. Streaming works great to PCs, is it possible to get streaming to iDevices in place?
    It's on our todo list for 0.5. Problem is that none of the developers own any iOS devices, which makes it less important and hard to test for us.
    2. Streaming again, would it be hard to add skip steps? And maybe add comskip support while playing (as chapter marks)?
    Has been implemented by Diebagger for 0.5.
    3. Streaming the third: Will live TV streaming be an option in the future?
    It's already possible but it's a bit hidden in the user interface. You can click on a channel name in the TV guide to do live streaming.
    4. And now for something completly different: While streaming my htpc gets sleepy and goes into sleep mode. I now I can workaround this by using PS++ Network monitoring ability, but this is only available on the server. Could you guys add a short system call in regular periods to tell the system: I am still working, don't go to sleep (SetThreadExecutionState with a parameter of ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED )
    Yeah, it's on my todo list to implement this. Thanks for your proposed solution, looks easier then to implement a PowerScheduler plugin.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've just released the 0.4.3 update, with a fairly minor changelog. People who already installed the test version of this update don't have to update, it's the same version.

Download.

• Improve log messages
    • Ignore database providers that give errors
    • Fix crash in MPVideos when temporary directory does not exists
    • Fix loading of music tracks

This is also the last release in the 0.4.x series. The next release will be 0.5.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If i try to connect with ampdroid i get the error message access denied for request with the username admin -
    I am using Win XP and have just one user per os without password
    I used the qr-code from mp extended with the addional option "include the user authentification"

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's really a configurator or aMPdroid problem, so post it there please.

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi,

I am using 4TR (For the Record) Plugin as a result the EPG and Recordings data is stored in its own database base and not MP's database. I see no EPG guide info & Recordings in WebMP. Is this because I am using 4TR instead of MP TV Server?

My other question is what other plugins are supported by WebMP (for movies, TV Series and music)?

Thanks,
    Srikanth

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    My other question is what other plugins are supported by WebMP (for movies, TV Series and music)
    Currently:
    • MP Videos
    • MP Music
    • Video / Music Shares (MP)
    • Pictures (FS)
    • MovingPictures
    • MP-TvSeries
    • MyFilms (partially, in development)
    • MVCentral (in development)

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    My other question is what other plugins are supported by WebMP (for movies, TV Series and music)
    Currently:
    • MP Videos
    • MP Music
    • Video / Music Shares (MP)
    • Pictures (FS)
    • MovingPictures
    • MP-TvSeries
    • MyFilms (partially, in development)
    • MVCentral (in development)
    If you need testers for MyFilms, you can count on me :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom