[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

I´m using a Windows 7 Ultimate (32) HTPC with the latest verison of MP. With Mpextended I get the remote to work but I can't browse for media in My phone. It gives an error about WOL: "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL?"
What am I doing wrong?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

I´m using a Windows 7 Ultimate (32) HTPC with the latest verison of MP. With Mpextended I get the remote to work but I can't browse for media in My phone. It gives an error about WOL: "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL?"
What am I doing wrong?

Which version of Android do you use ? Android 4.0 ? Because I have with this Version of Android, too. But then I get noth the Error with "can not connect". I think this is a problem with a Port that didn't open the installer rightly. You must open the Port manually. But this is already discussed in this Thread. Maybe you can test it with disable the Firewall. If this works you know it is related by the closed port.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

I'm using android 2.3.6

I have disabled the firewall but the problem remains...
After the "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL" error I get "no connection to service"...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Oxian an the team,
    Thanks for the effort making this web :D

I have 1 problem. if the path to the movie/tv show as any of my icelandic special caracters (þæðöáíé...) then I cant load the stream to play it.
    Works grate on any other stream with none of the caracters in the path or name.

See service log in attachment.

Thanks.
    Interesting, your logs don't seem to indicate any failure. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

I'm using android 2.3.6

After the "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL" error I get "no connection to service"...
    Please follow the troubleshooting guide.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

Hi Oxian an the team,
    Thanks for the effort making this web :D

I have 1 problem. if the path to the movie/tv show as any of my icelandic special caracters (þæðöáíé...) then I cant load the stream to play it.
    Works grate on any other stream with none of the caracters in the path or name.

See service log in attachment.

Thanks.
    Interesting, your logs don't seem to indicate any failure. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

I'm using android 2.3.6

Please follow the troubleshooting guide.

Ok, I've followed the Troubleshooting guide and the problem seems to remain here: "Try to open these links in a webbrowser on another computer. If this doesn't work, but the previous step worked, there is a problem with your firewall. The installer only opens the port in the Windows Firewall by default: if you are using another firewall, you have to open the port manually."
    I can't open the links in another computer. Only in the computer where MP is installed...
    I can see what is playing in MP in my Phone, but I can't explore or browse the media using my phone...
    I'm using Microsoft Security Essencials and I don't know how to change firewall settings and port settings...
    Can you help?
    Thanks

Deichgraf

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2011
    /dev/null
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

Hi,

i'am also in Trouble..

If i try to install the Version 0.4.1 (Server install) on my MediaPortal Server, the Install-Routine trys to "Start the Service" and Stops at this Point with the Message: "...fail to Start. Be sure you have the sufficiant Previleges to Start Services..." (or similar).

My Server runs "Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials" with running/working MediaPortal 1.2.2.0.

Do you have any Idea why it dosen't work? Whitch Information do you need to have a closer look?

Thanks for Help

Greetz
    Deichgraf

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

Ok, I've followed the Troubleshooting guide and the problem seems to remain here: "Try to open these links in a webbrowser on another computer. If this doesn't work, but the previous step worked, there is a problem with your firewall. The installer only opens the port in the Windows Firewall by default: if you are using another firewall, you have to open the port manually."
    I can't open the links in another computer. Only in the computer where MP is installed...
    I can see what is playing in MP in my Phone, but I can't explore or browse the media using my phone...
    I'm using Microsoft Security Essencials and I don't know how to change firewall settings and port settings...
    Can you help?
    Thanks

Can you try if it works with MSE disabled?

If i try to install the Version 0.4.1 (Server install) on my MediaPortal Server, the Install-Routine trys to "Start the Service" and Stops at this Point with the Message: "...fail to Start. Be sure you have the sufficiant Previleges to Start Services..." (or similar).

My Server runs "Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials" with running/working MediaPortal 1.2.2.0.

Do you have any Idea why it dosen't work? Whitch Information do you need to have a closer look?
    Could you try to run the installer as administrator? Otherwise, can you execute the installer from the command line with the following command and send me the resulting logfile?
    Code:
    msiexec /lvoicewarmupx* <path to a logfile> /i <path to the installer>

Vampiro

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Re: AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended Service 0.4.1

Can you help?
    Thanks

Can you try if it works with MSE disabled?

Could you try to run the installer as administrator? Otherwise, can you execute the installer from the command line with the following command and send me the resulting logfile?
    Code:
    msiexec /lvoicewarmupx* <path to a logfile> /i <path to the installer>

Tryed. Still not working...

mickelin

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: MPExtended Service 0.4

same here, I had to manually open 4322 to make it work.

I have opened the 4322 port but still cannot get access from another PC on my LAN. If i turn off the firewall (Windows XP) it works perfectly! Nothing in the logs.

Also, even though have I have disabled the authentication, I must still login. Is that feature not operational yet? Can I submit the account/password directly in the url and bypass the login screen? syntax?

I'm using 0.4.1

Great project!

EDIT: fixed the firewall issue by also opening port 8080 manually

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: MPExtended Service 0.4

Tryed. Still not working...
    That's really strange. I've no idea what could be causing this, sorry.

Also, even though have I have disabled the authentication, I must still login. Is that feature not operational yet? Can I submit the account/password directly in the url and bypass the login screen? syntax?
    Disabling authentication only works for the service atm, not for WebMediaPortal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom