[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Feature Request :

How about a search function for Music and Videos ?

You should be able to Play your Playlists.

Categories in Music View (Genre, Year etc.), similar to the views in Mediaportal.

Status of Mediaportal. What is playing now ? Maybe it should show the actually Playlist that is playing

Really nice would be the possibility to choose the client that should play the media content. So But maybe this is a problem in Mediaportal and not possible. Because every client has a own Database. Is that right.

So in my opinion you should be able to play your Media on Mediaportal when you are not look on your Mediaportal Screen. So when you are in the kitchen you should be able play your music and see what is playing. This is very nice when you have a party in your house. A friend use the airplay technology with his Iphone, Tablet and Mac. This is very nice to consum the media content and makes a lot of fun. It looks very nice when you have a party in your home.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great work with this web solution for MP.... loving it!

But is it possible to add the support for editing and deleting accounts?!?

SwordFish

Portal Member
    February 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oxan, thanks for the update.
    I removed the old version first then i installed 0.4.2.
    I can watch live tv and recordings wich are on my NAS, but I can't watch tv show or movies.
    The player shows up, when I hit play I get he next error; video not found or acces denied:/sream/.....
    The tv shows and movies are on the same NAS as the recordings :sorry:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Oxan, will you buy an iDevice if you get enough donations?:rolleyes:
    Well, that wasn't exactly my plan (I can probably borrow one from a friend when I think I got it working), but when the demand is high enough I might consider it.
    MP 1.2.2 is running on my HTPC

eagle
    Hmm, that's strange. Can you attach the full MPExtended logs and also the TvServer log files?
    How about a search function for Music and Videos ?
    Planned for 0.5.
    You should be able to Play your Playlists.
    I'm not really interested in that now, but it might come in some future version.
    Categories in Music View (Genre, Year etc.), similar to the views in Mediaportal.
    That'll happen at some point in the future, though it's not determined in which version yet.

Status of Mediaportal. What is playing now ? Maybe it should show the actually Playlist that is playing

Really nice would be the possibility to choose the client that should play the media content. So But maybe this is a problem in Mediaportal and not possible. Because every client has a own Database. Is that right.

So in my opinion you should be able to play your Media on Mediaportal when you are not look on your Mediaportal Screen. So when you are in the kitchen you should be able play your music and see what is playing. This is very nice when you have a party in your house. A friend use the airplay technology with his Iphone, Tablet and Mac. This is very nice to consum the media content and makes a lot of fun. It looks very nice when you have a party in your home.
    WifiRemote support (communication with a running instance of MediaPortal) won't happen in WebMediaPortal in the foreseeable future.

Great work with this web solution for MP.... loving it!

But is it possible to add the support for editing and deleting accounts?!?
    Has been added for 0.5.

I can watch live tv and recordings wich are on my NAS, but I can't watch tv show or movies.
    The player shows up, when I hit play I get he next error; video not found or acces denied:/sream/.....
    The logs show a file not found error for the streaming of tv episodes. Do you run the service as a user that has access to the NAS?

Btw, I'd like to repeat it once again: please open a new thread if you have any problems. Threads like this get chaotic very fast.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

I think this is the same problem that I have.

SwordFish

Portal Member
    February 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Weird that i can play recordings on the NAS and not tv shows or movies?
    For the tv server I hat to make a account on the NAS, and in windows I had to make a user with the same username/password as the account on the NAS.Then I must run the tv server as this user. This was so that the tv server can record to the NAS. Do you think that I must do the same thing voor MP?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the tv server I hat to make a account on the NAS, and in windows I had to make a user with the same username/password as the account on the NAS.Then I must run the tv server as this user. This was so that the tv server can record to the NAS. Do you think that I must do the same thing voor MP?

Not for MP but for the MPExtended-Service.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Husky

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Not for MP but for the MPExtended-Service.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I can watch movies on a NAS lie about Media Portal look fine. Only when I saw this movie over the stream section will I get the error message "acces denied: / Sream /.....". NAS / Windows / MPExtended Service use the same account.

Concerns of the logs

SwordFish

Portal Member
    February 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

I found the solution for my problem. When take a look at the logs i found the the recordingspad was starting with \\DS209\.... (That is my NAS) and the pad for the tv show and movies was M:\... . I change the pad within My TVSeries and MovingPictures with \\DS209\... and al plays fine. I also made an account on the NAS en the same one on windows, but i will try if this is necessary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom