[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

why is the client installation needed of MPEextended service?

you can just acces the web page by http://ipofserver:8080

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Because the "client" installation is the service which provides all "client" based data like moving pictures, tv shows and stuff.

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

for the webinterface? or for the mediaportal client?

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

How do you detect if IIS Express is installed? When I installed the German version of IIS Express 7.5 (iisexpress_1_10_x86_de-DE.msi) I cannot install MPExtended WebMediaPortal, it says I need IIS Express installed. Then I installed the English version (iisexpress_1_10_x86_en-US.msi), then all went fine.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

- LiveTV: what do you suggest? adding an extra tab seems a bit overkill to me.

I suggest a general rename of a couple of tabs - but keeping the number of tabs down seems logic to me.

-TV Shows -> Series (Keep name definition same as MP-TVSeries)
    -TV Guide - > TV or Live TV(relates to both Streaming and EPG).

If you display a text or "Play" icon beside each channel icon could look a bit messy - What about designing the channel name more as an clickable button?

Some other feature Requests:
    -The TV-guide should either have a vertical timeline for showing ongoing programs or programs blocks should be another color. That way it is easier to get an overview of currently playing programs.
    -Webmediaportal should inherit users from MpExtended - I personally find it confusing to maintain/remember password for both plugins.......and with ampdroid 1.0 it probably just gets worse.
    -Color TV-guide by genre(even possible? or should this be inherited from Mepo 1.3?)
    -Many issues with video streaming seems to be caused by either slow download(Wifi or external WAN), slow Upload(Home) or Transcodind issues(slow CPU)
    -Any way of doing automatic trancoding to compensate for this?
    -Adding generic Transcoding quality profiles to settings tab(Very low, Low, Medium, High(DVD), Very High(720P))
    -Alternatively have a bandwidth tester (but probably hard to test counterpart upload bandwidth:-S)
    -Displaying a buffer icon or "low bandwidth" dialog box.

Please place a link to bugs/requests on Github in your first thread. Then its easy to follow, comment, help development :0)

/Morten

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

for the webinterface? or for the mediaportal client?
    WebMediaPortal calls the MPExtended client service to get its data. The client service itself loads the data from the MovingPictures, MPTVSeries, etc databases. It's a bit more complicated for users, but this allows us to easily and properly support other clients like aMPdroid too.

How do you detect if IIS Express is installed? When I installed the German version of IIS Express 7.5 (iisexpress_1_10_x86_de-DE.msi) I cannot install MPExtended WebMediaPortal, it says I need IIS Express installed. Then I installed the English version (iisexpress_1_10_x86_en-US.msi), then all went fine.
    Good point. Currently this works by checking if IIS Express is installed in the Windows Installer registry, but apparantly the key it uses differs for each language. I'll see if I can make this more generic.

I suggest a general rename of a couple of tabs - but keeping the number of tabs down seems logic to me.

-TV Shows -> Series (Keep name definition same as MP-TVSeries)
    -TV Guide - > TV or Live TV(relates to both Streaming and EPG).

If you display a text or "Play" icon beside each channel icon could look a bit messy - What about designing the channel name more as an clickable button?
    Good point. I'm not really sure how we can make the channel name look more clickable - making it a button is ugly. I'd prefer a play icon then, but that's not really clear either I think.

Some other feature Requests:
    -The TV-guide should either have a vertical timeline for showing ongoing programs or programs blocks should be another color. That way it is easier to get an overview of currently playing programs.
    Good point.
    -Webmediaportal should inherit users from MpExtended - I personally find it confusing to maintain/remember password for both plugins.......and with ampdroid 1.0 it probably just gets worse.
    I already thought of that, but it's a bit complicated to implement.

-Color TV-guide by genre(even possible? or should this be inherited from Mepo 1.3?)
    I think this will indeed need MP 1.3, there's nothing that points at genres in the current database.

-Many issues with video streaming seems to be caused by either slow download(Wifi or external WAN), slow Upload(Home) or Transcodind issues(slow CPU)
    -Any way of doing automatic trancoding to compensate for this?
    -Adding generic Transcoding quality profiles to settings tab(Very low, Low, Medium, High(DVD), Very High(720P))
    -Alternatively have a bandwidth tester (but probably hard to test counterpart upload bandwidth:-S)
    -Displaying a buffer icon or "low bandwidth" dialog box.
    Transcoding is already done, because you can't play most files in the browser. I'll add some more profiles for the next releases, but the other things are quite hard to implement. I don't have any experience with Flash, so I can't create a fancy player that automatically switches between transcoding parameters and/or shows a dialog that the current settings don't work.

Please place a link to bugs/requests on Github in your first thread. Then its easy to follow, comment, help development :0)
    Good point, thanks.

emerich

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hi,
    at first thanks forthe afford!:D

I do have some problems with the Web portal application. When the service starts get the following error :oops:

Ereignistyp: Fehler
    Ereignisquelle: MPExtended.WebMediaPortalHosting
    Ereigniskategorie: Keine
    Ereigniskennung: 0
    Datum: 28.12.2011
    Zeit: 16:38:41
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Computer: MEDIAPORTAL
    Beschreibung:
    Failed to start IIS Express
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system could not find the requested file. System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    bei MPExtended.ServiceHosts.WebMediaPortal.IISExpressHost.Start()

Sorry but it's German. It means, that it failed to start the IIS Express

I have the english version of IIS Express 7.5 installed in c:\programme\IIS Express

If I start the IIS Express manually i can go the IIS Express homepage but not to your implemantation.

Thanks for your help!
    br. Christian

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,
    at first thanks forthe afford!:D

I do have some problems with the Web portal application. When the service starts get the following error :oops:

<snip>
    I have the english version of IIS Express 7.5 installed in c:\programme\IIS Express

If I start the IIS Express manually i can go the IIS Express homepage but not to your implemantation.
    Thanks. Didn't think of it that people could install IIS Express in other locations. I'll see what I can do about this.

emerich

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hi,
    what a fast response!!!

Can you tell me your install place for IIS & your apps?

Thanks Christian

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It currently assumes that IIS Express is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express. If you can wait a few days I'll release a fixed version.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom