[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not really sure what your problem is, but if it doesn't happen with the default skin I think it's a problem with the skin instead of WebMP.

EDIT: Do you have the _ViewStart.cshtml file in the skin directory? If so, can you post it please?

Last edited:

boldie

Portal Member
    September 30, 2007
    No. I have no _ViewStart.cshtml in the Skin Directory. Just the directories of the Skins (e.g. Bootstrap, Janu4), but no files
    in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, I meant in the folder of the skin (e.g. in the Bootstrap folder).

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is anyone able to stream 1080i live tv smoothly to a windows machine (using any Flash profile available)? I can watch any SD and 1080p HD file just fine, and also SD livetv... but 1080i channels stutters badly (the effect would be as low fps I would say)... deinterlacing problems may be? I discard performance problems in either server or client machines. Server doesn't reach 100% at all, and I've tested in 2 different laptops as clients.

Thanks a lot.
    I don't have a problem with it. You can try to set the fps=25 option in the transcoder profile, that seems to have helped some people with similar problems.

IWhat about HTML5 Oxan? Is it even possible with windows inside Webmediaportal?
    No, not possible. I've explained quite some times that there's no suitable codec and container combination supported by HTML5 (search for it if you're interested).
    About HTML5, I'm sorry Oxan. I don't usually ask prior reviewed questions, as I try to search and read before shooting...

About stuttering, you're right, I've found what you talk about:

The issue was actually on all streams, even the LQ but I found a resolution and is quite simple. I though that the issue would be related with frames and the way are encoded. Then I googled it a bit and presto! I am located in Greece and the Europian signal standard is PAL so I only had to replace on the C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml the string <tsOptions>--sout-mux-caching=5000</tsOptions> with <tsOptions>--sout-mux-caching=5000 --sout-transcode-fps=25</tsOptions>. The jwplayer works flawlesssly though the m3u link that opens vlc although is improved still has issues with audio sync.

...I've applied that change to Flash profiles, and image looks way smoother... :) Thanks a lot. Just one comment. Flash HD and HQ profiles don't have <tsOptions> tag... In those cases I've just added it to both profiles, and I've added both options, caching one, present in lower Flash profiles, and the transcode-fps option, obviously.

bye!

Last edited:

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a small problem with live TV (not sure about films and tv series, could be the same). If I use Flash HD, I can switch to fullscreen without problems. If I use Direct this feature does not work, the image stays small. The buttons (pause, resume,...) are working, but fullscreen has no effect. The connection is LAN, the browser is Firefox. I think that direct will provide the better picture (looks like it for me) and less CPU usage (would be my guess).
    Does anybody have an idea to solve this?

Best regards,
    Lenny

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Which VLC version do you have installed? I remember that there were some problems with full screen in old 1.x versions, should be solved in 2.x iirc.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi There,

Just installed this on MePo 1.4 singleseat install. Everything seemed to install ok, and I can connect to the web service both locally and remotely and login. However, I'm unable to stream anything at all. Must have missed something somewhere. Logs attached.

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which VLC version do you have installed? I remember that there were some problems with full screen in old 1.x versions, should be solved in 2.x iirc.
    Yes, I use VLC 1.x, because there were issues on my laptop with early 2.x. Either sound or video (I do not remember) were not working. I may have to try a newer 2.x and will let you know.

Thanks
    LennyW

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi There,

Just installed this on MePo 1.4 singleseat install. Everything seemed to install ok, and I can connect to the web service both locally and remotely and login. However, I'm unable to stream anything at all. Must have missed something somewhere. Logs attached.
    There's nothing out of the ordinary in your logs. Any chance E: and/or F: is a network drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom