peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes. I've got 1.2.2 working.

Ok. I'll try config from scratch.

EDIT: Ok. I've just changed db inside gentle.config, so I don't have to drop my running db... This time setuptv has been able to detect my cards, but after a first tv server service reset, they show again as "unknown".

Anyway, I've been able to test USALs functionality before doing that first reset, and it doesn't seem to move the dish. I can't tell, because I'm doing remote tests (so I'm not in front of the dish). What I do:

- I go to motor, enable motor and usals, and insert my location (East is positive, right? I've tried also negative, just in case).
    - Then I select "Astra"... After some seconds, "NO" is shown after Tune.
    - Then I select "Hotbird"... Same thing.

bye!!!

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Currently I am trying this patch on a virtual machine. USALS is working (before that I had TV setup Error and had to restart the Tvservice so that it could see my card - Technisat DVBS2 USB HD CI)!

Though switching between diseq ports seems not to wok nicely for tuning (not for motor movements).
    I have 2 LNBs on the dish (linear and circular) and for the circular satellite (36E) have created a virtual sat (31.2 E) in satellites.xml

After the clean setup and channels update:
    1. I tried to turn the dish and find channels on 31.2E (which actually is 36E) @ diseqc AB, it worked
    2. 19.2 E @ diseqc AA, it was OK
    3. 13E @ diseqc AA, it was OK

Then I tried to set them all at the scanning window and tryied tuning. MP could not find the signal on 31.2E @ AB (which worked before). To make it find the signal I had to restart the TVservice and after that it worked (currently scanning 31.2E).

After this I will try scanning 31.2E @ diseqc AB and 9E @ diseqc AA at once and will post the result. Tried this and it did not work. 31.2E was OK, but it even did not turn the dish to 9E. Though after I manully tried to tune 9E, it turned the dish and found channels (as opposed to what I wrote earlier).

Anyway, DJBlu thanks!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I get an error saying that Mediaportal and the TV Server are different versions..

Also, if I try to scan say Hotbird, it finds no channels - I can't tell either if it is moving the dish or not!

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    @pyskik

I only uploaded it to be tested m8. The error will happen as you will need the SVN for MediaPortal too.
    When I get it working I will upload the MediaPortal exe also.

Can you let me know what cards you are using.

Thanks.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Ah, ok..

I reinstalled your EPG svn anyway, so all is good at the moment..

It made me upgrade to 1.2.2 anyway, which I have been putting off!

I have 2 cards in this HTPC, a TBS 6984 and a TBS 6981 - the cable from the USALS motor is currently on the TBS 6981 (which is tuner 7 in my system due to IP tuner)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Ah, ok..

I reinstalled your EPG svn anyway, so all is good at the moment..

It made me upgrade to 1.2.2 anyway, which I have been putting off!

I have 2 cards in this HTPC, a TBS 6984 and a TBS 6981 - the cable from the USALS motor is currently on the TBS 6981 (which is tuner 7 in my system due to IP tuner)

We are on the same card and I had tuning issues also which is good as I know its the code and not my dish.

Thanks.

I'll look into this week.

I don't want to put too much into it as it was a quick fix as I am going to start the overhaul on diseqc shortly.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Currently I am trying this patch on a virtual machine. USALS is working (before that I had TV setup Error and had to restart the Tvservice so that it could see my card - Technisat DVBS2 USB HD CI)!

Though switching between diseq ports seems not to wok nicely for tuning (not for motor movements).
    I have 2 LNBs on the dish (linear and circular) and for the circular satellite (36E) have created a virtual sat (31.2 E) in satellites.xml

After the clean setup and channels update:
    1. I tried to turn the dish and find channels on 31.2E (which actually is 36E) @ diseqc AB, it worked
    2. 19.2 E @ diseqc AA, it was OK
    3. 13E @ diseqc AA, it was OK

Then I tried to set them all at the scanning window and tryied tuning. MP could not find the signal on 31.2E @ AB (which worked before). To make it find the signal I had to restart the TVservice and after that it worked (currently scanning 31.2E).

After this I will try scanning 31.2E @ diseqc AB and 9E @ diseqc AA at once and will post the result. Tried this and it did not work. 31.2E was OK, but it even did not turn the dish to 9E. Though after I manully tried to tune 9E, it turned the dish and found channels (as opposed to what I wrote earlier).

Anyway, DJBlu thanks!

If you are adding virtual satellites then ensure you add it to the Satellites.xml. Make sure there is no gap between the number and "E/W"

31.2E is how is should be stored. Otherwise it won't be recognised.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can you test this version.

View attachment 98168

Thanks

Sorry. Same thing here. Again, I can't tell if dish is actually moving, but I can't tune any TP. Also same little bug when you stop and start again tv service, not recognizing my cards.

bye!

Users who are viewing this thread