[TV] Usals support (1 Viewer)

Benney

Portal Member
September 22, 2011
Ontario
Canada Canada
Yea I know it's only been a month but I am dying to know how this is going.

Benney

Portal Member
September 22, 2011
Ontario
Canada Canada
Well I now have two machines working well with MePo and have helped several peeps get theirs up and running here in North America.
A site that I am on with Mondoman has given us our own HTPC section just for this and is getting thousands of hits by peeps really interested in this.

The only thing left to complete this is usals support. If this appears to be begging then I suppose it is, LOL, if I could do this myself I would but have no idea where to start.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Spain Spain
    Country flag
    I'm currently using DVBViewer to move my dish, but I do it just from time to time, so it's not a big deal.

Benney

Portal Member
    September 22, 2011
    Ontario
    Canada Canada
    Thanks peque for the reply and info.
    I was hoping that someone had figured out a way to do it while in Mediaportal.
    I can move my dish but would like it to move when I change a channel as I have access to 8 sats here in North America.

I use a cheap FTA box to do it now but is a pain having to switch inputs just to aim the dish.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Benney: you should be able to do that in MP if your tuner is able to move the dish... but I'm picking you're using the official Genpix BDA driver, so it won't work for you. MP doesn't yet support DiSEqC with the official Genpix BDA driver. That is coming, but until then DiSEqC should work with the 3rd party driver from -->here<--. "No comment" on how reliable or safe that driver is; try it at your own risk.

DJBlu: I can forsee merge hell coming for one or both of us - might pay to collaborate a little. I'll try and update my EXP-Tuner_hardware_support_cleanup_and_extension branch in the next couple of days so you can see what I've got. The main thing is that the DiSEqC logic has been centralised in what is/was the DiSEqCMotor class. PM me if you're interested in talking about this...

Benney

Portal Member
    September 22, 2011
    Ontario
    Canada Canada
    Thank You for the reply mm1352000. Yes I am using the Genpix skywalker 1 with the new BDA Windows certified driver.
    I do not want to break this as it is quite an expensive tuner so not sure if I will try that driver or not.

It is nice to hear that you guys are working on this though and since I like MP it might be worth waiting a bit longer.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Spain Spain
    Country flag
    Good to see movement again! :)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I have finished writing the code that adds Usals support to 1.3.0 Alpha.

I am currently testing it now and will upload the code changes to github.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] HID commands are not processed when multiple applications with HID support are open General Support 16
    horned_reaper [solved] Add support for Bluetooth events Improvement Suggestions 2
    CyberSimian Support for control.isvisible() in expressions MediaPortal 1 8
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 14
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    J Support waipu TV TV-Server 0
    doskabouter WebDAV support OnlineVideos 0
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    CyberSimian Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 Remotes 6
    cbr954rr [Finished] [MP2-801] Support for tag image extraction Archive 7
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 17
    C Drive Type is not supported by system Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    morpheus_xx General Testing TVE 3.5 Sat>IP support (MP2 only) TV Engine 47
    E M3U Playlist and EPG Support/Configuration Installation, configuration support 1
    G Mediaportal2 supported formats General 1
    M [solved] Stub Support General 11
    morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 31
    A Mediaportal 1.20 support MediaPortal 1 Talk 3
    Lehmden FTP and WebDAV support. MediaPortal 2 0
    Top Bottom