Viaplay for Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark (3 Viewers)

desnake

Portal Pro
August 3, 2010
Buskerud
Home Country
Norway Norway
ahh sounds easy enough, will check it after work :) Thanks!

EDIT: Okey so far so good i've added it, ive logged in, i am finding all the stuff.
I can choose it, it logs in it starts to play, i wait then i get a black screen, then a error on the black screen saying "Something went wrong, An error occured while accessing the content (6037 An erro has occured.) For futher information please contact customer service"

EDIT2: Installed the newest version of silverlight aswell, not helping :| Is it using explorer?

Any idea?

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    Where do I put in my login and password for Viaplay?
    You enter your credentials in the context menu for Viaplay.no (I assume .no).
    Goto viaplay.no in your site listing (do not enter it though) open the context meny by pressing F9 on your keyboard or the "i" button on your mce-remote.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just signed up for a trial month of ViaPlay, but when I try to watch in OnlineVideos, none of the remote buttons work when the browser comes up, and if I try to click the play button, I get a "Du kan inte titta här", so it seems that Internet Explorer has lead them to believe that I'm not in Sweden? In FireFox, it works fine. :(

blocked.png

Emph

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just signed up for a trial month of ViaPlay, but when I try to watch in OnlineVideos, none of the remote buttons work when the browser comes up, and if I try to click the play button, I get a "Du kan inte titta här", so it seems that Internet Explorer has lead them to believe that I'm not in Sweden? In FireFox, it works fine. :(
    Emph
    Strange :confused:.

Does it work in IE (in the browser without MP)? On another computer with IE on the same network? Some proxy-vpn-media-hint-ish service running and forgot about it ;)?

Maybe contact the support, well not mention the MP part only the IE part...

I'm still without HTPC since we moved, I need to re install it because of Telia IPTV. No more MP TV sever :cry:. The dev machine has MP 1.6 installed, hence a non functioning browser player.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In my laptop it works in both IE and Chrome. In my HTPC it works fine in FireFox but not in IE. Updating IE now to see if that fixes it. Tried updating Silverlight, but it was the same version, so that wouldn't fix it either. Really weird.

Edit: With a fresh IE update, it works! Fingers crossed that it'll work in MePo too.

Emph

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just so there's no doubts, it works fine now in MePo. I'm curious though, would this method not work with Netflix too?

Emph

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just so there's no doubts, it works fine now in MePo. I'm curious though, would this method not work with Netflix too?

Emph
    Well it's certainly possible, Jason Pyke proposed an OnlineVideos solution in the Netflix Wrapper plugin thread and I agreed that this would be nice. Sytone replied to the suggestion: "So I did looks at the online videos, the problem is the login and profile process is not straight forward and the pages are not consistent so I would need to do tha parsing anyway.". If that's true it looks like a lot of work (at an initial state at least) and furthermore some, or maybe several, OV site developer must have the time and the interest of paying for netfilx and maybe a dns/proxy/vpn service such as Unblock-US.

But I think the users could profit from such a solution, the "synergy effects" could be a better browser player, more developers for netflix and a more robust framework not in alpha stage (even though I haven't seen Sytones code, and I'm not professionally a .net developer - OV is well tested and loads of people knows how to do sites).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom