[fixed] Video and sound syncronisation (1 Viewer)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Test with Smeulf's build:
    Now used Catalyst 11.11 (newest one) on htpc: same stutter as desccribed above. Also tried with a DVD-iso - same stutter; changed display refresh rate (60hz, 50hz) - no changes, stutters as well

Will report back with Morpheus' new build...

Tested with Morpheus' 111127 build. Couldn't test on htpc, yet (just in use...) but on my laptop it seems worse than the build I tested from Smeulf. Video was stuttering again on Laptop, which was not the case with Smeulf's build.
    [BTW: Do I have to "regsvr32 BDReader.ax"? I got an error when I tried this. Registering DVBSub3 worked]

Thanks,
    Michael

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Video and sound syncronisation

thanks for testing!

I'm currently trying to find a way to keep the texture available without copying it to the EVR callback texture and then further to the VideoBrush texture. Although this works now good in dev branch, it could cause some performance issues on low-end systems.

Or let's say it this way: I think the main issue has been solved, now it's more "fine tuning" ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

New version added to known location: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/811847-post71.html

This version should fix the flickering on ATI cards (it uses the texture without StretchRect).

Please also test a .ts with DVB subtitles. Processing them requires to modify the video frame, so would be good to know if this introduces new issues (althought I don't have new problems ;)).

Same for BluRay: test if OSD is working without flicker (see wiki page for BD to be known to be playbable!)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Video and sound syncronisation

New version added to known location: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/811847-post71.html

This version should fix the flickering on ATI cards (it uses the texture without StretchRect).

Please also test a .ts with DVB subtitles. Processing them requires to modify the video frame, so would be good to know if this introduces new issues (althought I don't have new problems ;)).

Same for BluRay: test if OSD is working without flicker (see wiki page for BD to be known to be playbable!)

Well, I don't have any ATI cards to test, but here with NVidia it's not good : after just a few seconds of video, I had like a frame not removed from the memory. This old frame was flashing between others frames every 250ms I would say, without disappear. I could reproduce the problem at least 2 times.

:p Morpheus, I know you prefers ATI cards, but it's not a reason to break NVidia ones :p Or is it a new special effect you just invented ? (Kidding ;) )

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hehe I can confirm as well on htpc. :p. Seems like we are not really able to "lock" the video frame without copying it. I try another way later...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Seems as if this is a nvidia problem. Just tested your new build, Morpheus, on my laptop (intel gpu) and it worked perfectly.
    Couldn't test on my htpc (AMD GPU), yet and don't have nvidia here to test.

I can confirm that the treeview bug and the hang on stop bug are solved.

Michael

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

small update of video player + media plugin. I'm now waiting in EVR callback until the render process is finished. Does it work better now? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/811847-post71.html

If not I will try another way, based on the former StretchRect version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom