Virtual Keyboard SMS text problem (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have found another issue i think. Is the mini keyboard working for you? its a mess for me. i'll post screen shots this weekend.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Trouble with HTPCInfo

Hi TLD:

By mini keyboard I assume you mean the virtual keyboard, and not just in HTPC Info? (see screenshots)

If so, yes I know about the issue, however I am not sure what to do about it. There is only one key size you can define in the skin, and the sms style keys are hard coded to adjust (I can't make them wider without making the std keys wider). Obviously no one checked the Default skin when they made the changes in 1.2.0 RC, since it barely works there, and ofc is a disaster if you use large fonts. So the options I can see are:
    1. Leave it as is - if you use large fonts don't use SMS style keyboard as MP does not support it for large fonts (just click the SMS button to switch to Std mode)
    2. Make the virtual keyboard fill the full width of the screen so SMS text fits - but STD looks odd
    3. Define six different keyboard layouts - one for each screen/font size
    The only compromise I can think of is to widen the keys/keyboard somewhat (see attached aMPedKbdNew18pt.jpg) which works fine for 12pt/15pt and at least is functional for 18pt.

Or if you or anyone else has another idea?

Attachments

• DefaultKbd.jpg
      DefaultKbd.jpg
      22.9 KB
    • aMPedKbd18pt.jpg
      aMPedKbd18pt.jpg
      22.3 KB
    • aMPedKbdNew18pt.jpg
      aMPedKbdNew18pt.jpg
      28.7 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Trouble with HTPCInfo

Yes that is what i'm seeing too. Didn't know what the SMS button did. that will work for me. Thanks.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - as you can see I moved these posts to a new thread so other users are more likely to see the issue.

I have committed the fix to aMPed SVN - as per the third (red) screenshot in my previous post. It works well in 12pt and 15pt font and is no worse than default skin in 18pt font ;) at least functional. It's the best compromise I could come up with for now.

I don't want to do more at present because there are several Mantis issues outstanding which may alter the skinning of the virtual keyboard.

Thanks for catching the issue though TLD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom