Not open for further replies.

Gizzmo

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ Eabin,

maybe you have read it in the tsreader filter thread but if not ...

The problem with tsreader and my MPEG-2 tsfiles seems to have to do
something with some changes HDTVtoMPEG-2 does to the tsfiles. If
i use the quickstreamfix feature of the videoedtiting software VideoReDoPlus
the file plays fine with tsreader. So HDTVtoMPEG-2 changed something and
VideoRedoPlus changed it back ...

Do you have an idea what it could be ? it would be great if somebody can
solve the compatibility issue for these files. The tsfilesource seem to have
no prolbem with them. Because i think there many more users with files like
this and often there are many files. I think i have nearly 200 tsfiles :mad:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @vuego: you may experience a known bug with tsreader, which breaks the directshow-graph when changing codecs. could you try attaching graphedit after a failed channel change, and see if the pins are connected as they should? if the graph is broken, you will have to wait for the fix to appear in svn. you can also try disabling tsreader and see if the problem persists, so we can rule out the known bug. if it is something different, i will look further into it (just fyi: on my system changing between SD and HD stops playing quite often too with current svn, but with both, evr on and off)

Unfortunately I can't connect to remote graph using Graphedit in Vista. However I tried disabling TsReader.

On channel change between SD/HD using CyberLink codec (also tried Dscaler for MPEG2):

dshowhelper.dll 16th aug
    TS File Source + VMR9: Audio plays from the new channel. Video from last channel stuck.
    TS File Source + EVR: Audio plays from the new channel. Video from last channel stuck. Will often result in "MP not responding".
    TsReader + VMR9: Works every time!
    TsReader + EVR: Successful channel change 1 in 5. Other 4 = "MP not responding".

dshowhelper.dll 13th oct
    TS File Source + VMR9: Audio plays from the new channel. Video from last channel stuck.
    TS File Source + EVR: Audio plays from the new channel. Video from last channel stuck.
    TsReader + VMR9: Works every time!
    TsReader + EVR: No audio or video.

Guess I'll have to find a Graphedit that can connect remotely.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    i think there is something about proppage.dll which must be registered by hand to be able to use graphedit in vista.

Gizzmo

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes Eabin is right, you have to register proppage.dll manually. I had the same
    problem but afterwards it works fine even with older graphedit versions.

renzz

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    I've been trying this DLL but I can't get it to work when I'm playing back HD MKV files. When I play them, all I get is a black screen and no sound. I'm using the latest version I can find in this thread. The files play fine in MP without EVR turned on.

Logfiles are attached.

Thanks

Sven

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Eabin: Have you already had time to look at my issue? Can you confirm it's EVR related?

Thanks,
    Sven

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    i didn't look at your issue in detail yet, and i'm not sure it's evr related. but i see this too from time to time. not easy too reproduce, though. does it happen to you very often?

nyria

Portal Member
    May 14, 2007
    I've been trying this DLL but I can't get it to work when I'm playing back HD MKV files. When I play them, all I get is a black screen and no sound. I'm using the latest version I can find in this thread. The files play fine in MP without EVR turned on.

Logfiles are attached.

Thanks

If you are using a video card with h.264 hardware acc. you might want to try turning it off. Some of these cards have trouble decoding .mkv files with x264 content resulting in a green or black screen.

Using software decoding might solve it.

Sven

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i didn't look at your issue in detail yet, and i'm not sure it's evr related. but i see this too from time to time. not easy too reproduce, though. does it happen to you very often?

Well, I'm using MediaPortal for quite a while now and I have never experienced that issue before updating dshowhelper.dll so I guess it's got something to do with that.
    It happens from time to time (up to now only when using timeshift). Since my post describing the issue it happend about two or three times, I'd say (but I didn't use MP that much this week). It seems to be more likely to happen when timeshift was paused for a long time (> 1 hour) but maybe I just fancy that. But if it happens, it's annoying since the show in the timeshift buffer will be lost (MP restart is required).

It just happened again a few minutes ago and as far as I remember I only did the following: start MP, zap to desired channel, hit pause, go away for 1-2 hours and do some other stuff on my pc, start playing again. This time, it did not even begin to stutter but the video image was frozen right from the beginning (sound was stuttering). I tried to jump forward and backwards but this didn't help. Finally, MP crashed. The logs look like the ones in my last post (at least at first sight), except the last line in vmr9.log:

Code:
    19-10-2007 20:04:23.138 [d50]Critical lock time for GetFreeSample was 15 ms

Sven

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i think there is something about proppage.dll which must be registered by hand to be able to use graphedit in vista.
    Yes, thanks that works and it also helped my find the problem. I use ffdshow as postprocessor for deinterlacing and when changing video decoders (going between HD/SD) the new video decoder isn't properly connected to ffdshow but instead EVR pin #2. When using VMR9 this rebuild of the graph works.

I'll attach two graphedit screenshots to help explain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread