Not open for further replies.

dekkers

Portal Pro
December 2, 2006
Maasdijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Paranoid Delusion:

I will give it a try tomorrow. Does it matter if it runs in classic mode or do you need the full gfx interface of vista.
I like to know becouse the classic interface doenst use as much system resources.
thnx again

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's used for rendering, so if selected, it should be used.

Apparently under VMR9 you need to unselect "use exclusive mode", WHY!!!

Anyway you are not going to break anything, thats for sure.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    wow, lots of stuff to be answered :)

@all: please always try to use the latest version found in this thread, since the svn version is rather outdated. i will see if i can get the updates into svn before 0.2.3 final.

routerunner: you will get all your acceleration goodies with VMR9 under XP. the only upside to switching to Vista and EVR would be better general picture quality.

Nigel_K: you will have to report the first bug in a separate thread, since an "channel is scrambled" error has absolutely nothing to do with EVR. i will have a look at the crash, though.

Sven: no time yet.

dekkers: if you use classic mode, you will get tearing, because exclusive mode is not supported with EVR in MP at the moment. using aero is the better choice here.

Paranoid: you shouldn't be force to disable exclusive mode, it will be done automatically if EVR is enabled.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @all: please always try to use the latest version found in this thread, since the svn version is rather outdated. i will see if i can get the updates into svn before 0.2.3 final.

With 37 pages of thread, and no link in the first post, it is a bit hard to find. Could you maybe put a link in your signature ?

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    good idea, i will open a new thread, since i didn't start this one.

dekkers

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2006
    Maasdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    wow, lots of stuff to be answered :)
    dekkers: if you use classic mode, you will get tearing, because exclusive mode is not supported with EVR in MP at the moment. using aero is the better choice here.

Okay, so it's not a limitation from Vista itself.. Nice to hear :)
    Don't hurry to support it. At the moment i'm switching back to XP since Vista is way too slow. Also you don't have as much possibilities to strip it down like XP. I like a fast and completly stripped OS so Mediaportal can eat up all the CPU power and Vista is everything but fast.

Anyway, thanks for replying (you all) on my questions. Maybe over a while Vista is something for me, but not at te moment (maybe SP1 solves a lot of irritations). Success on development

Erik

floepie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you guys sure you have EVR enabled in Vista? During playback of either AVI files or MKV files, the filter chain from ffdshow reports EVR is being used. However, when you click on EVR, a VMR9 stats box appears with stats that are updated as the video progresses.

However, if you play those same vids with WMP11, you see that EVR is truly being used as the renderer, as a EVR stats box appears.

I've tried to add the EVR directshow filter to the movies config of MP, but then playback doesn't occur. What's the trick to actually getting EVR to work besides ticking that box in MP? I've also removed the "VMR9 box exclusive"

For what it's worth, I use nVidia's 7600GS card, and I don't see any settings for renderer or color space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread