Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the quick fix!

NOTE: the attached build does not feature the FFWD/REW workaround anymore, because it could lead to crashes/freezes even when not using FFWD or REW. The correct fix must be done in some other part in MP. it is a simple one-liner, but most likely won't be fixed for 0.2.3, to avoid breaking things with VMR9.
What issue do you refer to (a quick forum search for FFWD and REW did not give any uselful results)?
Does this mean the fix breaks VMR9 or do they just not want to apply a patch shortly before a release (just in case)?

edit2: for those interested (maybe if you build MP from source): the fix is to replace all calls to
_mediaCtrl.Pause();
with
_mediaCtrl.StopWhenReady();

in all methods named DoFFRW() in the Core->Player package.
Thanks, I just wanted to ask for this information (I saw your original post, tried out the patch, and now wanted to ask). Now that's good service :) :D

Sven

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    iosub: for starters, you could upload logfiles (most important are mediaportal.log and vmr9.log). then it would be helpful to know as much as possible about the specifics of your problem: can you play these files with EVR disabled? if so, have you tried different versions of the dshowhelper.dll (including the latest one, which fixes a maybe simmilar issue)? what does MP do (does anything happen when you try to play the file, does MP freeze, ...)?

Sven: with evr enabled, FFWD/REW does not work (i.e. the picture is not updated until you press play again). to be honest, i didn't bring this up to any dev yet, even if it does not break VMR9 for me (on a very short test, that is). but as no more EVR changes will be added for the upcoming release, i decided to delay this issue until after 0.2.3 too.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    a new version of the dshowhelper.dll. fixes are:

*) fixed two crashes (one rather stupid, the other one a bit more tricky, and it was more likely to happen on dual-cores)
    *) fixed fast forward/rewind
    *) introduced some new bugs exclusively for you to find.

please test, as i hope that we are getting closer to a stable version!

Hey Eabin, I finally found the introduced bug :)

Changing between SD and HD channels (or perhaps mpeg2 to mpeg4 or the different codecs?) results in a black screen every time. No video or audio is being played. If I hit "TV On" twice it plays back normally. I tried the following versions from this thread and they all got this issue: 10 01, 10 03, 10 04, 10 06, 10 13. Using dshowhelper.dll from 09 22 or turning EVR off I can change between SD and HD with no problems.

They are all better than the dshowhelper included in SVN though (from 08 16). That one keeps crashing MP on channel change.

Attached a log where changing from SD to HD results in no video and audio. Then stopped and restarted the channel for normal playback. Hope this helps.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    edit2: for those interested (maybe if you build MP from source): the fix is to replace all calls to
    _mediaCtrl.Pause();
    with
    _mediaCtrl.StopWhenReady();

in all methods named DoFFRW() in the Core->Player package.
    So 2.3 release will not support EVR at all? I mean if it's going to be a stable release it can't have stuff in it that breaks things up.

Couldn't DoFFRW() modded so that only if EVR in use it would do _mediaCtrl.StopWhenReady(); and on other cases _mediaCtrl.Pause(); ? Then add some notes that that's only made because StopWhenReady isn't tested on larger userbase so it can be modified after final release?

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    vuego: you may experience a known bug with tsreader, which breaks the directshow-graph when changing codecs. could you try attaching graphedit after a failed channel change, and see if the pins are connected as they should? if the graph is broken, you will have to wait for the fix to appear in svn. you can also try disabling tsreader and see if the problem persists, so we can rule out the known bug. if it is something different, i will look further into it (just fyi: on my system changing between SD and HD stops playing quite often too with current svn, but with both, evr on and off)

iosub: thanks, will have a look

risu: the problem here is, that EVR came very late to the party for 0.2.3. so it won't be a supported option for the next release, maybe it will get marked experimental (that's for the dev-team to decide). it is simply not the best idea to introduce new code in RC stage, that is (as far as i know) the main reason why none of the bigger EVR changes have been merged into svn lately. but this will most likely change after the release, which will be really soon now, i guess.

Sven

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, yesterday evening I had a strange issue I had never seen on my MediaPortal before (so I guess it's related to the new dshowhelper.dll, see the log entries, too):

I was watching TV (timeshifted, paused several times and skipped commercials). Suddenly, the video began to stutter, it looked similar to fast forward at maybe 1.2x speed. I had never experienced any real stuttering issues before so I don't think it's my hardware/drivers/etc (drivers are unchanged for quite a long time now).

The vmr9.log contains a lot of lines such as the following:

Code:
    14-10-2007 20:57:35.705 [564]frame is too late for 3978 ms, last sleep time 500 ms.

In the error.log, there is a huge number of entries similar to this one:

Code:
    34.829220 [ERROR][10]: Planescene(704,576,7139,5832,9693824,False,8):Unhandled exception in Fehler in der Anwendung. Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       bei MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentSurface(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean InRepaint)

The full MediaPortal.log, error.log, and vmr9.log files are attached.
    I used EVR but since there are still entries in the vmr9.log, I guess they just share the same log file, don't they?

Thanks,
    Sven

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Here are the logs..

I have try with Microsoft Codecs and with MPV and MPA both with EVR on

Thanks Iosu

it seems your problem is not related to EVR. i think the audio codec is the problem. it does not understand the dvr-ms output. can you please try again with ffdshow audio decoder?

Gizzmo

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so good news is i think i found a solution for my MPEG-2 problem with tsreader.
    I think the nullpacket stripping with HDTVtoMPEG2 and splitting changed something
    within the file and afterwards tsreader can't recognize all PIDs.

I used VideoReDoPlus to change the PIDs and the file afterwards plays fine within
    MP and tsreader also with EVR enabled :)

BUT : now i again have problems playing h264 tsfiles ( PremiereHD and SkyHD ). MP
    crashes with following error ...

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: MediaPortal.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 0.2.2.9991
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 4713f25c
    Fehlermodulname: CL264dec.ax
    Fehlermodulversion: 2.0.0.1904
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 468b6c96
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 000201ec
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 8d13
    Zusatzinformation 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
    Zusatzinformation 3: 8d13
    Zusatzinformation 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

These files play fine with tsreader and VMR9 and played sometimes
    before also with EVR :) The only files that made trouble with tsreader
    were MPEG-2 with muxxed audio.

Sometimes the h264 files don't crash MP with an error, they completely
    close it without any info ...

I tryed the dshowhelper from the SVN from today and the last one from
    this thread ...

Logs are attached, but no VMR9. I think because the player doesn't even
    start.

Edit : also crashes with the dshowhelper from post #284

Edit : the problem is only on my workingstation ( Pentium 4 with ATI graphiccard
    x1550 and catalyst 7.9 ) on my HTPC ( Intel Core 2 Duo and NVIDIA 8600 GTS
    graphiccard ) the h264 and the modified MPEG-2 plays with EVR and tsreader.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread