Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Should I back to 156.xx ?

If it works correctly for you, then yes.

No point in screwing up your system with the latest drivers if they do not work correctly with your setup.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    hi
    what about : Do you get better results with 169.04 and cyberlink codesc?? or you get as with "Nvidia Purevideo decoder started glitching " ???

Thank you

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Do you get better results with 169.04

Using the WHQL one 163.71 with PDVD7 Ultra, have not tried the beta release, as said previously 158.xx was the last good one for me, the 2 releases in between screwed up resume from standby (getting error about nvidia), but it does depend on the equipment you have.

I Get richer more defined colour with the Cyberlink against Purevideo, may just be me being lazy and not bothering to set it up correctly.

dekkers

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2006
    Maasdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Guys i'm a little confused. Can anyone tell me wat are the exact requirements for me getting EVR properly working?

- Windows Vista (32bit)
    - Hardware with vista capable drivers (offcourse)
    - Nvidia Geforce Card (or will EVR do without hardware acceleration)

Thanks

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    that depends on what you want to get working. EVR will accelerate whatever your card is capable of under Vista.

to fully decode h.264 (HDTV) in hardware, you will need a geforce 84xx-86xx, or the new 8800GT or an ATI card with UVD (24xx and 26xx).

for advanced deinterlacing and stuff like that, the list of usable cards is much longer.

routerunner

Portal Member
    September 27, 2007
    that depends on what you want to get working. EVR will accelerate whatever your card is capable of under Vista.

to fully decode h.264 (HDTV) in hardware, you will need a geforce 84xx-86xx, or the new 8800GT or an ATI card with UVD (24xx and 26xx).

This is interesting as I have a 7600GS passive which along with other feature includes:

• High-Definition H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration
    • Advanced Spatial Temporal De-Interlacing
    • High-Quality Scaling
    • Video Color Correction
    • Integrated HDTV Encoder

Well, I would be interested to know how to enable the HD H.264 HW acceleration under XP, or if the EVR in MP would help or if I need to move to Vista.

for advanced deinterlacing and stuff like that, the list of usable cards is much longer.

many thanx

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    Error c000005

I also get MP crashes with this error, however it only occurs on the sky HD channels going through the CAM, if I remove the CAM, go to the BBC HD channel MP seems to run all day without crashing, I am wondering whether the crash is CAM related, or is this due to the lower pixel ratio of BBC HD?

Nigel:D

routerunner

Portal Member
    September 27, 2007
    hi,

how can you get the Shy HD channels over the CAM? Can you buy just the viewing card from Sky without having the HD decoder?

thanx

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    Log files for crash from MP test tool

For attention of Eabin.

Hi Eabin I think you are doing a brilliant job, please don't give in.

I am now using Cyberlink BD Solution for video decodeing & for audio ffdshow (Cyberlink doesn't do Discovery HD).

Here are MP test tool generated logs for events on my system, it's not as listed in "My systen", fairly close though.

First log is from a period of inactivity for MP when I get a black screen.

Second is from a restart of TV Service, first attempt @ turning on TV nearly always results in channel is scrambled message, second attempt plays OK (until crash) log taken straight @ this point.

Picture quality is easily as good (if not better) in MP as from HD Box.

A couple of points to note, I have user account control re-enabled, MP was not in Virtual store directory prior to re-enabling uac.

On previous occasions of re-enabling uac, this has resulted in USB/HID devices not functioning, this has not occurred this time, also I've posted previously saying it appeared one cpu core was being blocked, I see this is relavant reading this thread.

Would having remote access to a real world machine be of use to you, if so I am happy to oblige (you will have to tell me how to enable though).

Thanks for your & the teams hard work.

Nigel

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread