volume osd (1 Viewer)

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    does anybody know how to change the position/direction and images of the volume osd?

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    this thread has 150 views and no response...
    come on, is there really nobody who got a hint?

phpchris

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2005
    I don't think there is a possibility to change the position of the osd, but the images are in your MP-Folder\MediaPortal\osdskin-media

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    wertzui,

The media files are as phpchris mentionned in the ..\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\osdskin-media directory. For the moment, you can only change the volume.states.png

But ... you will be happy to read that Smirnoff (the Volume OSD programmer) intend to implement something more flexible in the future and consider this "bar" as temporary solution. More on: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.s...=asc&highlight=osd+vol+volume+linear&start=40

This change will happen, but when? I know Smirnoff is looking deeply into his code to find out what causes the freezes when changing volume in TV module. He already found (with help of Forum members) that this phenomenon is due to the display of this volume status bar ... To follow this thread: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8397

Only my 2 €uroCents, Zby-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I’m really happy with MP2 and have it in productive environment for several years. I’m just wondering, if the OSD could show further information. OSD progress bar that shows different positions (current position, buffered position, total buffer length) chapter indicators, so you can see, where you can jump respectively from...
    Hi, I’m really happy with MP2 and have it in productive environment for several years. I’m just wondering, if the OSD could show...
    Hi, I’m really happy with MP2 and have it in productive environment for several years. I’m just wondering, if the OSD could show...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for all informations, as you know, skin skills is not for me then, this could be (maybe) an improvment for the skin I use. - "the volume increases or decreases by 2 when I press the volume up or down button once." YES, same for me. "There is some weirdness relating to the maximum value displayed. This weirdness may or may not...
    THX for all informations, as you know, skin skills is not for me then, this could be (maybe) an improvment for the skin I use. -...
    Because I wanted to have value in volume OSD like in Windows 11 (without success) : I dig in MP configuration and, found a bug...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom