SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hiya all

I believe that webcams are very similar to TV-IN capture cards. Is it possible to have a webcam display in MP's "MY TV" window?

that would be cawazy!

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i really should try things first ...heheheh
    i have it working perfectly now...
    This is what u do :

Plug in your WEBCAM.

Install the drivers that came with it or look on the internet for the latest drivers.

Install the video software that came with your webcam or get it off the internet.

CONFIRM that the webcam actually works in its own original software first.(IF U DONT DO THIS U GET THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH EVERY TIME-SAYS THAT YOUR CURRENTLY INSTALLED DRIVER WILL HALT YOUR PC).

REBOOT

Start MediaPortal.

Goto FILE->SETUP->VIDEO CAPTURE->ADD (WEBcam). Select for watching at least (u can also try Recording too). DONT FORGET ALL THE RECORDING SETTINGS(.avi/.mpg, video codecs, audio codecs, etc).

Goto MY TV

Select the SVHS or COMPOSITE CHANNEL.

Hit the RECORD NOW BUTTON if u want to record. TA DA! Enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems with Mediaportal2 and both have been fixed quickly by forum members. I am very impressed by both the forum and the quality of the Mediaportal2 package. Keep up the good work and thank you to all that...
    To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected to the TV and use MP2 on that instead of via Kodi. Something for the future perhaps.
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected...
    I'm running MP2 on my PC and Kodi 19 with the MP client on my Amazon Fire TV box, and this works fine for playing anything from the...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider it in the web version in future!
    Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider...
    Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] New Category DE
    Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario. User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides "kid restrictions" :)
    Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario. User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides...
    Is it possible to add categories, or sub categories. For example I would love to have two folders for Series. 1 that has the ones...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Mediaportal 2.4.1 DE
    Please use this thread for any TVMosaic related topics. It seams you have only installed MP2.4.1 with the TVMosaic client plugin. The TVMosaic server is not part of it. you'll need to install TVMosaic Community Edition additionally. Everything is described in linked thread.
    Please use this thread for any TVMosaic related topics. It seams you have only installed MP2.4.1 with the TVMosaic client plugin...
    I just tried to install Mediaportal 2.4.1, having an old Mediaportal 1 at the same time. Unfortunately i did only see later that...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom