WEBEPG folder (1 Viewer)

Ton Jense

Portal Member
September 14, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I somehow accidently deleted the WEBEPG folder.
Disabled the plugin, stopped and restarted the TVservice, enabled WEB EPG again, but the folder is not recreated.
Is there a way to get it back ?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a way to get it back ?
    Hi Ton,

I assume it's not in your trashcan anymore? ;)

Did you put anything in those folders yourself (like your xml with settings, etc. for grabbing)? Anything added we cannot help you with unfortunately.
    But if you only need the folder back, try the attached .zip ;)

Attachments

• WebEPG.rar
      184.1 KB

Ton Jense

Portal Member
    September 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've installed MediaPortal on another computer and copied the WEGEPG folder.
    Problem solved. I thought....
    I used Auto Map to link my channels to EPG-sources, but have EPG data on only one channel.
    There is a folder Channels with a file channels.xml that contains a lot of channels I do not have.
    The only channel I do have, now has the EPG data.... Should I edit channels.xml so it contains my channels ?

Demosthenes

July 16, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If the WebEPG file seems to be missing, maybe it was not deleted. Have you made sure that hidden files are visible on your system? The folders containing the WebEPG files are hidden files, so you will not be able to find them if you do not change the Windows default settings.

Make hidden files visible and then you can easily edit the imdb grabber files or any other WebEPG files that you need to modify.

Jewell Jackson

September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    I had a eureka moment after reading Demosthenes' post about the WebEPG files and folders being hidden. I've been looking for about 5 hours to try to find these little buggers. However, making hidden files & folders visible did not help. I still don't find where this xml file is hiding. I've searched the registry as well as the file system. Regardless of what I do, the import is STILL picking up the sample data. How to I tell the server config where to find MY imdb file????

I'm running v 1.12.0
    Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Jewell, please read my response to your previous post. You cannot tell TV Server where to find YOUR IMDB file; you have to put your file in the place TV Server expects to find it, which the wiki tells you is: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\grabbers\US
    You can get to that folder simply by copying and pasting the path (ie. "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\grabbers\US") into the address bar in Windows Explorer and then pressing enter.

Jewell Jackson

September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you mm. I probably should have mentioned that this is on a Windows 10 machine. The path you reference was in the directions so I had created the subdirectory WebEPG\grabbers\US under the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server directory created by the install. It sounded like I could create my own filename, so mine is named Pittsburgh_imdb.xml. This is the only file in the directory. This setup didn't work.

I just did a complete uninstall and am reinstalling with an override to use C:\Program Files\ rather than the (x86). Hopefully, this will do it.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome! Thank you!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Jewell, please read carefully. The wiki and my post say ProgramData not Program Files.

Users who are viewing this thread