WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (1 Viewer)

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
January 31, 2009
Berne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Bad new, guys:
I encountered a show.stopper:
Episode numbers on tvtoday.de are used in a non-consistent way:- with season one, they're correct and 1-based
- beyond season 1: partly 0-based, partly absolute

This is unpredictable. Means - some of the (usually) absolute numbering is 0-based, some is relataive.
I can't clean this up in the ini file of WG++ - and it has nothing to do with WG++.
We will always need the intelligence of the user.. therefore, it'll remain the Rev. 9 (which shows "textual information" only) - sorry guys - better NO information than a wrong one....

Greetz - Chris

Last edited:

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Bad new, guys:

I encountered a show.stopper:

Episode numbers on tvtoday.de are used in a non-consistent way:- with season one, they're correct and 1-based

- beyond season 1: partly 0-based, partly absolute

Thanks for your work! This sounds bad :-(
But for me it would be ok, if season numbers are correct and only episode numbers are not always accurate.
With this i would get more informations than without it
and i could see if a specific TV show is in the same season and if it is a following not seen series or an old one.
And on the other hand this are the same (but not correct) numbers we would directly see on the homepage
or by using a other software which takes the data given by <episode-num system="onscreen">...</episode-num>.
So why not also having this (not always correct) data with xmltv_ns standard?
So if you have such a ini file it would be great if i could test it.

Last edited:

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
I don't have but will create it for you.

Hi Christoph21x,
don't waste more time about this!
I am currently playing around with some modifications of Revision 9 of your ini file to simply add episode numbers to the description field.
This will not violate "xmltv_ns" standard but provides episode numbers for software like MediaPortal which are not able to interpret "onscreen" standard.
I will post this siteini file here as soon as possible if also other users are interested to test it.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,
i made a new site-ini file which is based on latest standard tvtoday.de.ini with following changes:
- Season/episode numbers as xmltv_ns format ([Season].[Episode].)
- Original text of season/episode numbers added to description.
- Category added to description.
- Production year added to description.

Note that episode numbers from tvtoday.de are absolute numbers and not as usual relative numbers.
Don't forget to adapt your WebGrab++.config.xml file (site="tvtoday.de.xmltv_ns")
and enable "Show episode info: Number + Title" in MediaPortal configuration.
Maybe it is necessary to delete your actual existent tvguide.xml
and make a zero data import in xmltv plugin before you create a new one.

Last edited:

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,
i made a new site-ini file which is based on latest standard tvtoday.de.ini with following changes:
- Season/episode numbers as xmltv_ns format ([Season].[Episode].)
- Original text of season/episode numbers added to description.
- Category added to description.
- Production year added to description.

Note that episode numbers from tvtoday.de are absolute numbers and not as usual relative numbers.
Don't forget to adapt your WebGrab++.config.xml file (site="tvtoday.de.xmltv_ns")
and enable "Show episode info: Number + Title" in MediaPortal configuration.
Maybe it is necessary to delete your actual existent tvguide.xml
and make a zero data import in xmltv plugin before you create a new one.

Revision 03 of tvtoday.de.xmltv_ns.ini is the actual version and was uploaded on 31.08.13:

Attachments

• tvtoday.de.xmltv_ns.ini.zip
    2.3 KB
Last edited:

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm a new user to Webgrab but think I've set it all up ok (UK and using radiotimes).

When I run WG it seems to be fine until it hits the progamme "Loose Women". I've attached the log and screenshot of the command output. It never completes and just sits there until I kill it.

Any help much appreciated.

Bob.

Attachments

• wg_error.jpg
      wg_error.jpg
      173.6 KB

silentbuteo2

Portal Member
    January 20, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm a new user to Webgrab but think I've set it all up ok (UK and using radiotimes).

When I run WG it seems to be fine until it hits the progamme "Loose Women". I've attached the log and screenshot of the command output. It never completes and just sits there until I kill it.

Any help much appreciated.

Bob.

Updating the mdb .ini's, in the MDB directory could fix your problem.
    If that doesn' help, disable the MDB postprocessor.
    change
    <postprocess run="y" grab="y">mdb</postprocess>
    into
    <postprocess run="n" grab="y">mdb</postprocess>
    in the .config.xml file.

(Best to put your questions on the WebGrab+Plus forum, if you have problems with WG++)

Francis

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Silent,

Thanks for your reply.

I've had a look (admittedly I very quick one) on this thread and on the Webgrab++ forums for details on how to update the MDB .ini's but couldn't find anything. So I disabled the postprocess run as you suggested. This worked and the command now completes.

So that leads to these questions : what is the postprocess?; what does it do?; and is it necessary?

Thanks.

Bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom