Webradio (2 Viewers)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thank you both - I will get on to sorting it out on Monday.

Correction - found the time to install the correct version just now.

Am now happily listening to African music on Radio Jaliya from Germany! Hooray, and thanks for all your work on the plug in.

There seem to be an awful lot of dead stations. Is this because the urls are out of date? There is no message to say why a station doesn't work. Do the urls come with the plug in, or does the plug in get them from the web somewhere?

How would you feel about a message coming up when a url is not found, with an option to hide/remove the station from the list? And maybe even a ui to edit the url list?

If you are agreeable to the idea, but don't have time or inclination to do it, how would you feel about a pull request if I had a go?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How would you feel about a message coming up when a url is not found
    I agree. A dialog telling the reason why the stream can not start would be better.

Could somebody take a look, if it is technically possible to have some data from the plugin in HomeContent. For examples Favorites, Latest Played, ...
    WebRadio does not have any DB, so I've no clue what could be done. @henso, maybe you?

Additionally settings are not remembered, which is a bit annoying. If you set a filter everything is shown again on next start.
    Also I have no idea how to set favorites. If I'm in the dialog I can just add names, but not any channels, so it's senseless. Anybody an idea?

Branch is here.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You probably could, but this is a plugin not part of the main repository and as such I don't know how to handle this. Should we start maintaining all abandoned plugins? That would mean more work for an already small development team. I don't even know if I can commit anything to the current branch or if we should add it to the main repository?
    What does @morpheus_xx think?

EDIT: I see we already made a fork of the plugin branch. Does that mean we should maintain it now?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see we already made a fork of the plugin branch. Does that mean we should maintain it now?
    BigGranu was not seen since January, so I think so :( but honestly there are only WebRadio, Emulators and OnlineVideos, all other do not need really to be maintained if you ask me.

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no message to say why a station doesn't work.
    :( I do not know it either. In most cases, the URL was turned off.

WebRadio does not have any DB
    Yes. All Streams are stored in a XMl File on the Mediaportal Server.
    At that time I had a tool that checks the streams and updates the XML file. I'll see if I can still find this.

Additionally settings are not remembered, which is a bit annoying.
    :eek: That is new. Actually, all settings are saved with "SAVE".

:censored: If my grandchildren give me free, I look again at the plugin.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :eek: That is new. Actually, all settings are saved with "SAVE".
    What I mean is, it is not remembered which filter I set. I'd expect, if I set a filter to see only German stations, it is also used on next start.
    It's not a big deal though. Would be also great, if you can look on the HomeContent, that I explained in out conversation.

I already created new skin files for the upcoming skin and also you'll be able to set different view modes (grid, list).

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I m Sorry. I have no longer acces to the Developer Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread