Webradio (1 Viewer)

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
June 30, 2010
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
First of all, Merry Christmas to everybody !

Development of the MP Webradio Linktester / Editor came to an end and for all, who want to edit their Webradio Streamlist, can do it with my app which is added at the end of this post.

As well, I did a test job already for you and you can download also a "qualified" Streamlist where all non-working streams are marked. A full test of the original list takes almost 12 hours and is boring to look at as a lot of the weblinks pointing meanwhile to websites which requiring login in's and showing a credential dialog which is halting the test.

The sad part: out of 10.000 links, only about 3.300 are working anymore. Test was done with long timeout of 10s

Some considerations:
I added a new field to the list calles "status". It holds the info (after test) if the streamlink works and is qualified (see tutorial). This additional status doesnt interfear with Webradio and can be kept in the Streamlist.xml file. However, you can also remove it by unchecking the "add status" on export.

Here we go:
1608974909717.png

Tutorial:
Generally, you can find most information within the tooltips of the app controls.

Your local copy of the StreamList is located under: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Webradio\StreamList.xml. (thanks: @morpheus_xx)
If you import a regular list, all status are unchecked and unqualified.

For testing and qualifying, just start test with linenumber 1.
If the list already have been started testing previously, you will see the accordingly test status.

Test a single stream bei selecting it and check "only selected". In this case you can also "play" and listen the stream until stopping it.

Export:
If a stream is "checked" in the status, it will ALWAYS be exported. If all categories checked, ALL links will be exported. If you want keep qualifying info, don't forget to check the "add status" (see above).

Qualification:
  • working (green): link is working, audio can be streamed
  • play list (orange): link is working but points to a playlist. This causes (the actual version of) Webradio, to play only the first entry in this playlist. For all stations which have this playlist link underlaying. Means, you see different stations but hear always the same audio.
  • unknown (grey): site can be reached and connected, but no audio playing. Could be turned of or broken. Hard to say.
  • broken (red): either shows immediate an error or a timeout

Version number:
Very important. Webradio compares on startup the version number of the file on the server vs your local streamlist file. If your local one is older, it will be overwritten by that one from server. Actual one is 9. If you edit your own list (and want to keep it :D), set it to (any) higher number (<=100).

Edit list:
With the app you can also edit and add your favourite streams, add information as well as test it inline. The app shows only some pre-seclected columns (to give a better overview). By right-click at the column header, you can hide/unhide all columns which are stored within the StreamList.xml.

You can also copy / paste / delete (multi-selected) rows in your list by right-click on the row header.
Adding only at the end of the list. Overwriting exisiting row by pasting is not allowed. As well as inserting a row.

Sorting:
The actual list has no final sorting. Over the years, links were just added, but never sorted anymore . By left-click on the corresponing column header, you can sort this column either increasingor decreasing (click/click).

Installation of Linktester:
Just extract the files into a dir of your choice. It requires Framework 5.0 which will be (by request) installed at the start of the app.
The app doesnt post anything into the registry - thus, if you dont want/need it anymore, just delete your installation directory and nothing will remain on your PC.

Enjoy !

Attachments

• Webradio StreamList tested.zip
    1.3 MB
  • Webradio Linktester.zip
    236.7 KB
Last edited:

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
June 30, 2010
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
The Webradio Linktester works for MP 1 as well as MP 2. It is an addon tool and not a plugin. But maybe it makes sense to post above post somewhere out of this thread to make it more easier accessable for others who are using Webradio plugin.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. I can confirm the tool works well. I've just cleaned my radio list :)
    I think I found a bug. The total radio channel index in details area is lower the existing number of channels. Also it does not update, when setting country filters or similar.

rainbowforest

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2010
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks. I can confirm the tool works well. I've just cleaned my radio list :)
    I think I found a bug. The total radio channel index in details area is lower the existing number of channels. Also it does not update, when setting country filters or similar.

What you did exactly ? :D And what you mean with filter? List can be only sorted ;)
    About channel number: if you start a test and / or play a stream, the numbers of channels is not shown correct. Thats true. Reason: I didnt want to make a recalc on pre-qualified lists as it will increase dramatically testing time. But maybe I will find another solution for that case

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What you did exactly ? :D And what you mean with filter? List can be only sorted ;)
    About channel number: if you start a test and / or play a stream, the numbers of channels is not shown correct. Thats true. Reason: I didnt want to make a recalc on pre-qualified lists as it will increase dramatically testing time. But maybe I will find another solution for that case
    Sorry, I found a bug in WebRadio, not your tool ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rainbowforest As you wrote a tool, how firm are your coding skills? Perhaps you can help to solve some of the minor bugs and improve Webradio a bit. The code is not so long, even me can partly follow, though I basically do not know #C much.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    Could be that @BigGranu sent already a message to you. If so, just ignore this ;)
    As you might know he is currently porting webradio plugin to .net6 and applying also several changes. To remove favourites we want a context menu offering this option. However the related code part is never reached? Is something essential missing e.g. in the styles?
    Webradio_MP2/WebradioHomeModel.cs at 7ce5bb23a73a7fb701646d49c81bc95a88636281 · MediaPortal/Webradio_MP2
    Webradio_MP2/webradio_Home.xaml at 7ce5bb23a73a7fb701646d49c81bc95a88636281 · MediaPortal/Webradio_MP2

The logic was taken over from the context menu fpr the home menu editor.
    I guess with your magic eyes you can directly find the issue :whistle:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    However the related code part is never reached? Is something essential missing e.g. in the styles?
    The ListView's ItemContainerStyle needs to assign the command to the container's button's ContextMenuCommand, e.g. like in Nereus here. Currently the WebRadioListViewStyle uses the DefaultItemContainer style which doesn't do this. Easiest would be to define a WebRadioItemContainerStyle that assigns it and then set that as WebRadioListViewStyle's ItemContainerStyle, e.g. like here.

Users who are viewing this thread