what happened to KeyboardInputPlugin ? (1 Viewer)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MPEI refuses to download it -- 'connection forcibly closed by remote', and every link I can find is now 404.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What did you need from it? It could be that you can now do it without an extra plugin.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    It's true that I don't NEED it right now, since BackupSettings correctly restored my settings (including settings for my remote) after a test update from an ancient MP version. But since I originally used KeyboardInputsettings to configure my remote, I would like to have it available.
    Unless, as you suggest, the same functionality and flexibility is available elsewhere in MP 1.3 and beyond. Is it?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Unless the same functionality and flexibility is available elsewhere in MP 1.3 and beyond. Is it?
    Your "System Specs" indicate that your remote is a "Hama clone". If this is the Ortek VRC-1100 (aka Hama 00052451), the current release of MP has support for that remote via the "Sceneo" tab in "Remotes and Input Devices" in "MP Config". Enable "Use Centarea Master Remote", and use "Mapping" to customise the button definitions.

There is also a "Centarea HID" support package that improves the behaviour of the Ortek/Hama remote with recent releases of MP (it uses an AutoHotKey script), available here.

What I don't know is whether these facilities for the Ortek/Hama are available in old versions of MP (so MP 1.3 might be too old to include this support).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Appreciate the suggestions. But I would still like to know what happened to KeyboardInputPlugin. Simple and intuitive -- doesn't it still exist somewhere?

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Found it -- but now I can't find the source. So the version that works with MP 1.3 is attached. No guarantees.
    Unzip, and replace the .dll in the ..../plugin/process directory where MP is installed.

Attachments

• 170279_KeyboardInputPlugin.zip
      33.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread