What is everyone's favorite remote for Media Portal? (1 Viewer)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
..and this works 100%?? Browsing through i see no assignment of button for recording - this is not nesseceary?? (yes, i am new at this...)

:) Just making sure before spending the big $$$...

Thx...

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Works for me, record is best selected from the myTV menu, or from the tvguide for scheduled recordings. Note for some of the functions I have used you need the mykeys plugin enabled in MP configuration.exe.

burdell1

Portal Pro
June 8, 2006
what is the cheapest you have seen the UK MCE remote? I have found them on ebay for around $50 US

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
deancs said:
Marmitek PC Control. Looks similar to the ATI however its a combo RF and IR. The IR controls TV and AMP directly (no IR blasters needed) whilst the RF controls the PC. Works out of the box with MP as an Other X10 Remote, however some people have improved the usability (see forums)

http://www.marmitek.com/en/catalogus/product.php?subgroep=2&product=300.

In Aus its available rom www.envioustechnologogy.com.au

do you have a custom MP script to use it?

only few of my keys works (using generic x10)

kingkabra

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
I also use firefly

and I love it. It can be customized anyway you want. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to configure. It already comes with a bunch of profiles for all types of applications.

I have the big firefly. there is a another one called mini, which i think looks very cool but I have no experience with that one.

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just got a regular firefly and am loving it. The mini had high WAF for being small and simple, but the regular one has even higher WAF because it is RF. The ability to adjust volume or skip songs without having to walk back into the living room is really nice. She did wish it came in black though.

Oh, and I originally had a cyberlink remote that came with the tuner card. I'll either give it away to someone who wants to punish themselves, or use it to club spiders that make their way indoors.

Buzzard

Portal Member
July 5, 2006
Sunshine Coast, Australia
This may seem pretty ordinary however Dvico software allows you to set up profiles and assign different keys to each button so it works like a IR keyboard.

So I bought a really flash Sony universal remote assigned the MP keyboard keys to a MP profile and then learned the buttons on the new remote.

Only problem is the Dvico remote probably needs another 5 buttons to be really perfect, and holding down the volume key only acts as push once, so you have to repeat hitting it.

Users who are viewing this thread