What is everyone's favorite remote for Media Portal? (1 Viewer)

captainspanky

Portal Pro
December 8, 2005
I use the big Firefly and love it.

It's actually an X10 remote so it can be config'ed as Other X10 remote so you don't have to load the BeyondTV thing to use the remote.

Check out my post on page 2 of this thread for how I have mine set up.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    has anyone purchased from http://cgi.ebay.com/Windows-Media-Ce...QQcmdZViewItem seller? Has anyone seen it cheaper (I am in the US)

No, that is cheap for the EUROPEAN remote posted to the states, Did buy my DELL|Philips (Same but no TV power Button and only 1 emitter) for £23.50 delivered uk. (Have original mce remote as well, but that cost a bit more 18 months ago)

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got a Harmony 880, but we never use it, opting instead for a wireless keyboard. We use both the TV and a 19" LCD, usually at the same time, so the computer is busy piping TV, movies, or music to the TV while I or my wife is using the LCD to check email, recipes, or surf.

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi revs

A quick Google doesn't throw up any UK retailers yet (or in fact any retailers).

There is a press release on their website which shows they were only announced about a month ago at CES:

http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/index.cfm?id=1370

This does also suggest that some of them will be sold as OEM (although the Microsoft MCE remote is sold OEM and not too hard to get).

For one of the models an availabilty of "first quarter 2007" is given (but there is no indication if that will include the UK).

http://www.ces.philips.com/product_detail.cfm?pageID=2&productID=10#4

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
    Hi! Installed MP 1.31 today, and before I didn't have sub menus for TV and MovingPictures. My setup looked something like this...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom