What should I add to MyPictures? (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ability to add a music playlist directly from within the picture menu, or select random play, would lighten up the viewing experience.

:D :D :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

That should be fixed too, yeah, but my nag is about this:

thumb.jpg
    Look, you cannot see my daughters legs!

fullscr.jpg
    Oh, there they are!

So...MediaPortal should add black borders to the left and right instead of brutally cropping to thumb-size!

Same goes for horizontal pictures, only here should black bars be added to top and bottom.

Tine

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Kranj
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hy, just some comments on your sugestions:

Rotating would be great. But it should also save picture to new orientation. Just like windows picture viewer

Croping that pilehave mentioned should be optional. Becouse i think it looks nicer the way it is now. And if want to see complete picture i go fullscreen.

I use Picasa2 for organizing my pictures. It also suports taging as mentioned above. So it would be great to be able import database from picasa to mp. Or even to select which database to use picasa or mp.

Oh and also something i like in picasa. Timeline view. I think that would look great on TV.

Regards, Tine

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have two shares from two PCs. If a pc is offline and I open the mypictures, the MP is trying to read boot of them and I have to wait for long time to open the folder from the online PC.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    A "database view" for grouping month/year taken is what I have missed the most... not as fancy as other request, but (IMO :D) a missing necessity....

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    A "database view" for grouping month/year taken is what I have missed the most... not as fancy as other request, but (IMO :D) a missing necessity....

Thats already implemented. Just change the view from Shares to Date.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I see I was a bit unclear...
    I'd like the DB view to be:
    - YEAR
    -- Month
    [OK] ---> Pictures listed by date.

So it would look;
    - January
    - February
    - March ------------[OK]------------> List of pictures taken in march - sorted by date

A bit "Picasa-like"

Users who are viewing this thread