What the best IRSS for .... (1 Viewer)

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Ok I unselected all other devices, then restarted both IR Server and TV Server.

I went to TV Server Configuration -> TV3 Server plugin
Tried to learn new IR command: No port can be selected, clicking learn INSTANTLY says "Learning failed"

EDIT: I would like IRSS to receive my IRTrans commands too, because MP Tray is not starting my MediaPortal with green button - I used IRSS to do this. But as explained before, neither the remote or blasting is working with new version (1.5.62 remote worked, blasting had same problem).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tried to learn new IR command: No port can be selected, clicking learn INSTANTLY says "Learning failed"
    Is it possible that the USB-UIRT is being used by any other software?
    Do you have to learn the commands?
    What is the brand and model of your STB, and is there not a compatible STB already in IRSS's STB list?

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    My box is Motorola VIP1853
    Dont know if it is compatible with VIP2200 (that is found on the list) remote, will have to try.
    Do I need to select a port for blasting, because I cannot do that in config?
    AutoConfig.jpg

Pushing Test button gives this error:
    TestFailed.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    On the plugin setup tab you need to select "change server" in order to configure the IRSS instance that TV Server should use.

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    On the plugin setup tab you need to select "change server" in order to configure the IRSS instance that TV Server should use.
    It is configured as localhost, as supposed.

But I might be on to something, I went to IR Server folder and manually run IRServer.exe, now the port selection changed from "None" to "Default". Will report a bit later if I got it to work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But I might be on to something, I went to IR Server folder and manually run IRServer.exe, now the port selection changed from "None" to "Default". Will report a bit later if I got it to work.
    Sounds like IRSS was not running. The TV Server plugin cannot do its job properly unless IRSS is running... ;)

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Sounds like IRSS was not running. The TV Server plugin cannot do its job properly unless IRSS is running... ;)
    It is working now. I was able to learn the commands etc.

IR Server.exe was running but for some reason wasnt working. Had to ctrl-alt-tab close it and start again.

Thanks for all the help :)

Just one final question: Is there a way to blast power on before channel selection (I guess this could be done with the pre-select/change option) and power off after recording ends or tv channel is stopped? Didnt see such option yet (though didnt dig that deep, either).

Asking about the power on / off feature because my STB is iptv box and it's just eating up bandwidth if it is left on after recording or watching a channel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread