Whch codec for x264? (1 Viewer)

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
Yes I'm sure that coreAVC is used because before installation I couldn't play mkvfiles in MP.

MKV is a video/audio container file (just like an AVI file) and has nothing to do with h.264 content. An AVI file may provide some video encoded in h.264 and a MKV file a DivX stream, there is almost no rule about which contains which. Perhaps you already had a h.264 capable DirectShow filter on your system but you weren't aware of its presence before installing Haali's splitter.

Thanks for the tip regarding GraphEdit, that surely would explain my problem since I have an integrated crappy graphics card.

The magic behind CoreAVC is that it doesn't rely on any kind of hardware backend. You should get the exact same performance using either a GeForce 5200 or a 8800.

Salle

Portal Member
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You were right. I had ffdshow installed and it was coding the movies upscaled, therefore the low framerate. CoreAvc works great now! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can find ton of guide here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/?post_id=39123050#post-39123050
You can find ton of guide here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/?post_id=39123050#post-39123050
Hi, I have a problem if I set madVR as Video Render. When I try to play my .mkv files I have an 'Unable to play. Video COdec...
Replies
Views
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy...
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of...
I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no...
Replies
Views
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
Replies
Views
Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
My mini computer HTPC was doing a fine job running mediaportal, but the internal fan is starting to get very loud. I'd like to...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom