When playing an 4k file MP dies (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    no - I have removed it now from the setup
    (y)

but what impact does it have on a video which has DTS HD?
    None.
    Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD are separate (and competing) formats.
    According to your screenshot you had already disabled bit-streaming for DTS HD (although DTS HD is in the list of supported formats).
    So, with your new settings, LAV will decode both Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD. Depending on your MPAR settings, MPAR may re-encode to AC3/DD... or it may just output as PCM.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well - what can I do - the only thing I can say for sure is that native with MPC ithe video is running smooth.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure what your point is.

Have you tried to play the video with the new LAV settings (ie. Dolby TrueHD bit-streaming disabled)?
    If yes, what was the result? (If it was a failure, please attach new log files as usual.)
    If no... well, why not? The settings change may have solved the problem. :)

As for MPC: AFAIK it's using different codecs and settings.

There's no reason why MP shouldn't be able to play the video smoothly. I think we just have to sort your settings out.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sure - here you go (Dolby HD Disabled). Well - my point is - I want it working - and tro understand why is didn't ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sure - here you go (Dolby HD Disabled).
    This looks better (LAV audio and MPAR are not ejected). I note that you're playing a different file.

In the EVR log file I can see lots of "Scheduling sample from the past...".

Please attach a screenshot of your LAV video settings.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have 3 4K file swhich are trying to play - all with the same issues withiin MP)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    upload_2017-5-14_2-16-46.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why haven't you enabled HEVC in the "codecs for HW decoding" section?
    When that option is disabled, your CPU (rather than your GPU) is used for decoding. Your CPU won't be powerful enough to decode 4k HEVC smoothly.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    because If I do MP crashes playing teh 4k Files (see to of the thread). Hm - also i have a core i5 (Intel Core i5-7400T) - you think it's not powerfull enough?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, I see - read the first few posts. :rolleyes:

I think you failed to fully understand the solution from the other thread. That other person's GPU does not support HEVC decoding; yours does. That's a big difference.

In short: if you want to play UHD/4k + HEVC videos, you should change "codecs for HW decoding" from "NVIDIA CUVID" to "DXVA (native)".
    (...and tick HEVC in "codecs for HW decoding" again.)

Users who are viewing this thread