Where to find MP2 Plugins? (1 Viewer)

Saphir

December 26, 2022
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm new to MediaPortal and I was looking for Plugins which could make MediaPortal for me workabel but I can only find 9 Plugins? Where are all the Plugins?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is not workable and what are you missing? Different to MP1, which requires several plugins to have a base functionality, MP2 has everything included: movies, series, audio, applauncher, subtitledownloader, fanart, weather, news, 3 different tv engines!
    Emulators and webradio are valuable plugins ready for download. Generally the community can develop own plugins.

Saphir

December 26, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello ge2301,
    It's good that the main thinks are all included. I don't like it if I have to search for everythink for a plugin. As example I have the Problem that I can't play mkv files. Another example is that I want to hear to a specific genre I can't see the albums which I have in that genre, I get a unsorted list of Tracks. I too mis a playing List. Such things make it for me in the moment hard to use MP.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As example I have the Problem that I can't play mkv files
    There is no plugin for this, you need to install a codec, so windows can play mkv files. By default LAV should besically do it. If you search in the forum you can find several threads with solutions.
    Another example is that I want to hear to a specific genre I can't see the albums which I have in that genre, I get a unsorted list of Tracks
    No plugin is needed for this, it's part of the base functionality. I recommend to first check the wiki.
    In library view just select "Filter" in the menu und select then "Genre" and you have a genre list. Alternatively you can just select the filter quick access in home screen (first screenshot).
    genre.jpg
    genre_view.jpg

I too mis a playing List
    Also this is possible out of the box. Please check the wiki.

Saphir

December 26, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah OK, thanks for the hints. I will read the wike. For mkv I was using VLC and there it's not needed to install anything special for it, that's why I thought it could be a missing plugin.

For the Albums of the Genre I was using the button you showed but in the and I got an Tracklich of this Genre not an Album list but I will check the wiki.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Users who are viewing this thread