Which analog TV card (1 Viewer)

meggsico

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Hello Community
I'm looking for a good analog tv card for my htpc.
Can somebody help me? There are so many cards and i don't know which one i shall buy.
thx a lot

meggsico

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi meggsico, and welcome to the forum :)
    I'd recommend that you get a card with hardware encoding capabilities.

Reasons:
    - Will not chew your CPU (--> lower noise)
    - Will work well with MP (as all hardware encoding cards are supported)

They bad side is that they are a bit more expensive. I have the Hauppauge PVR-150, and most who have are happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom